WTB: rubber washers on circuit boards

Anybody have an idea where I can get the little rubber washers that are on
circut boards. I was working on my 3 bank drop target the other day.
Removed it from the playfield and was going to replace it, started pulling
out the rubber rings that the post attach to, and the rings just started
falling apart. Dried and old. Where can I get new ones????

--
John Jones

I am not sure of what size you need. However I have purchased some
small rubber rings at Radio Shack before.

Jeff

I believe what you're looking for is called a grommet.

These go in the holes on the circuit boards to allow them to "float" and
not get beat up from vibration.

Radio Shack or just about any hardware store should have assortments and
maybe even single sizes

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

John Jones wrote:
> Anybody have an idea where I can get the little rubber washers that are on
> circut boards. I was working on my 3 bank drop target the other day.
> Removed it from the playfield and was going to replace it, started pulling
> out the rubber rings that the post attach to, and the rings just started
> falling apart. Dried and old. Where can I get new ones????

Most Bally/Williams drop target opto boards use rubber grommits- not
washers. You can usually find these at electronics supply stores, some
specialty hardware stores, auto parts stores- those sorts of places. You
may want to take an old one, or the PC board, in with you to match up the
size.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

"John Jones" <john.jones@duke.edu> wrote in message
> Anybody have an idea where I can get the little rubber washers that are on
> circut boards. I was working on my 3 bank drop target the other day.
> Removed it from the playfield and was going to replace it, started pulling
> out the rubber rings that the post attach to, and the rings just started
> falling apart. Dried and old. Where can I get new ones????
>
> --
> John Jones

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

I found them to be least expensive at the old fashion neighborhood ace
hardware.

Home depot and Lowes were 5x as expensive.

Otto

CARGPB11

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
>I believe what you're looking for is called a grommet.

That's a first!

-