Need to reinstall Windows XP Home Edition from internet

I keep getting messages that several WINNT DLLS are not valid images and want
to reinstall Windows. Because I get auto updates, my install CD is older
than the current version and it doesn't want to install. Installing SP2 auto
updates doesn't reinstall windows, just the updates. How can I reinstall
Windows XP Home via download from Microsoft?
--
Nanette258

To do a clean install boot the Windows XP install CD-Rom. When you get to
the point, delete the existing NTFS and or other partitions found. After you
delete the partition(s) abort the install, then again restart the pc booting
the CD-Rom to avoid unexpected drive letter assignments with your new
install.

Be sure to apply SP2 or at least these two below to your new install before
connecting to any network.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Nanette258 wrote:
> I keep getting messages that several WINNT DLLS are not valid images and want
> to reinstall Windows. Because I get auto updates, my install CD is older
> than the current version and it doesn't want to install. Installing SP2 auto
> updates doesn't reinstall windows, just the updates. How can I reinstall
> Windows XP Home via download from Microsoft?

You can't download/install the entire OS from the Internet. Use your
installation CD and a download of SP2 to create a slip-streamed
installation CD, and then reinstall from that.

How to integrate software updates into your Windows installation source
files
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828930

SlipStreaming WinXP
http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/slipstream.htm

Then, simply boot from the slipstreamed WinXP installation CD.
You'll be offered the opportunity to delete, create, and format
partitions as part of the installation process. (You may need to
re-arrange the order of boot devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm