New PC, Found some software, questions

musicmelody

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Okay, I am working on a desktop PC for a friend and his ex used it a lot, and now I'm finding a lot of software that neither he nor I know what the majority of it is for or purpose of it.

I will list them all and my general assumption of what I think it is for, please correct me and let me know the pros/cons of the software/programs. Thanks.

Disk Defrag - I thought Windows 7 already defragged and had a built in defrag utility?

GetFolderSize - Kind of speaks for itself, no harm in this I guess.

Avast Free Antivirus - I've heard good things about this, so this can be installed.

Ad-Aware - Does he need this since he has Avast?

iView - Not sure about this one

IrfanView - Not sure about this one either

Revo Uninstaller - Not sure

Unlocker - Not sure

Networx - Not sure

Novicorp WintoFlash - I'm guessing a file changer? from win to flash?

PureSync - Not sure

RealDownloader - Some form of P2P downloading?

Advanced System Care 6 - Some kind of PC monitoring?

EnhancemySe7en - Another monitor tool?

TinyWall - Firewall maybe?

SUPER - No idea on this one, lol. Just super software eh?

EaseUS ToDo Backup - Again, shouldn't Windows 7 already have a backup feature?

WiseRegistryCleaner - Didn't think you were suppose to mess with the registry...

TweakNow Powerpack 2012 - Not sure

Leatrix Latency Fix - Not sure

If anyone can offer me input and thoughts on the above, it would be greatly appreciated. He is only going to use this PC for gaming/school/multimedia, I am just trying to streamline, clean, and clean up space on the HDD, only 100G free.

musicmelody

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Ok, is ccleaner a computer cleaner/management program? I'm guessing that is what enhance my seven, total systemcare, advanced system care 6 were? And why avast over Essentials? I thought avast was better? And malware bytes over adaware?

drifter77

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
IrfanView < yes, one of the best free image viewer and editor

Unlocker < maybe, this is a program that will help unlock any files / folders that can't be deleted

RealDownloader < lets you download YouTube videos, you're better off using xVideoThief

Networx < no, evaluates your bandwidth situation

Novicorp WintoFlash < no, let's you build a bootable flash drive

PureSync < depends, lets you synchronize and backup files and folders

Advanced System Care 6 < no, CCleaner does the job

EnhancemySe7en < no, system tweaking

TinyWall < no, just another firewall

TweakNow Powerpack 2012 < no, another tweaking utility

Leatrix Latency Fix < no, is just a program that automatically modifies your systems registry to adapt your internet package sending / receiving