System Build Problem - P4/Abit

skinfreak

Distinguished
May 12, 2004
Hello,

I recently bought an Abit VT7 motherboard and am having trouble installing it. I have tried 3 different graphics cards (two ATI AGP, one Matrox PCI), each says that there is no signal when connected to the monitor. I have tried booting with and without a CPU, with and without memory and with only the graphics card, motherboard and PSU. I cannot get anything to boot on the screen. I have also tried two identical motherboards as I am building a number of systems and I get the same problem. The only thing it could be is the case. I am using two identical Pentium II cases, with everything ripped out so I cannot imagine that this is a problem. Further more, I have already built another system, with a Pentium 4c 3.0Ghz, similar spec (512mb DDR, Radeon 9200 256mb) and this worked fine.
I am at a total loss as to what the problem is.

Help would be VERY appreciated,

Spec:

Abit VT7
Pentium 4e 3.0Ghz Prescott
1024mb PC3200 DDR
Radeon 9600 256mb
360w P4 SATA eneabled PSU
Maxtor 80gb SATA Hard Disc
16x DVD-ROM

Regards,

Skinfreak

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wow, what a crappy board! You know when you scrape the bottom of the bucket, every bucket has scum on the bottom, be it Abit's bucket, Asus', etc.

Anyway, it might not be compatable with your Prescott core CPU.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>