Sign in with
Your question

Need to reinstall windows 7 without installation disk

Last response: in Windows 7
December 1, 2012 5:18:46 AM

Hello my computer crashed and is trying to reinstall windows 7, all the files that were on my computer have been backed up and saved on th hard drive insider a specific file that the computer chose. The problem I am having is when I power the computer on the windows startup screen appears then a error message appears stating that the computer turned off or unexpectedly restarted click OK to restart computer to re-install windows 7. My computer was purchased brand new with all the software preinstalled, no disks were included or provided with the purchase. How can I or do I reinstall windows 7 when I do not hve the installation disk. Apperantly all software files/programs r an can be located within the hard drive of the computer I don't know where or how to even try to locate them. Any suggestions?
Thank you
a b $ Windows 7
December 1, 2012 7:52:16 AM

michellev1129 said:
Hello my computer crashed and is trying to reinstall windows 7, all the files that were on my computer have been backed up and saved on th hard drive insider a specific file that the computer chose. The problem I am having is when I power the computer on the windows startup screen appears then a error message appears stating that the computer turned off or unexpectedly restarted click OK to restart computer to re-install windows 7. My computer was purchased brand new with all the software preinstalled, no disks were included or provided with the purchase. How can I or do I reinstall windows 7 when I do not hve the installation disk. Apperantly all software files/programs r an can be located within the hard drive of the computer I don't know where or how to even try to locate them. Any suggestions?
Thank you

Get a Manual for your computer model from Vendor's site. You can, for a small fee, order restore disk from them, or possibly restore to factory settings, but you lose all personal files folders doing this.
m
l
December 1, 2012 9:20:11 AM

When your PC boots it may display a very short message about pressing [Esc] or [F10] (or another key) to enter Setup or Recovery Mode.

From there follow the prompts.

If you restore the PC factory conditions chances are you'll lose all the data on the HDD.

Might want to get a Linux guru to backup your data 1st.

m
l
Related resources
!