I can't restore or re-install Win XP Pro

I like to repair or re-install my Win XP Pro, but I can't. The error message
is that I have a newer version than the one I am trying to install. I guess
it is the Service Pack 2. How do I re-install my Windows, or at least repair
the install. I do of course have the original registered CD. Any help is
appreciated
2 answers Last reply
More about restore install

    Try:-
    How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

    if that doesn't work you will need to uninstall SP2 or get hold of an
    SP2 version of XP, then follow the instructions above using your own
    key.

    If your machine only came with a restore CD then you may not be able to
    do a repair install.

    What ever you do make sure you back up your important datajust in case
    something goes wrong.

    Hi,

    Create a slipstreamed version that contains SP2.
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I like to repair or re-install my Win XP Pro, but I can't. The error
    >message is that I have a newer version than the one I am trying to install.
    >I guess it is the Service Pack 2. How do I re-install my Windows, or at
    >least repair the install. I do of course have the original registered CD.
    >Any help is appreciated

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP