TOP 5 pinballs, IYO anyways, DMD only

Mike

Splendid

Ok,,, So I keep reading these posts,,, and alot of them have these coments
in them...
There is a bunch of them in the previous Twilight Zone post.

" in the top 3 anyways "
" probably in the top 5 "

BLA BLA BLA.... Doesent do anyone any good when we dont know the other pins
in YOUR top 5... If twilight zone is in your top five, but your other 4 are
turds then......

So what I am getting at,, Post your top 5,, Keep it in the 1991+ DMD era
games.

Keep it in the DMD era? Dude. Expand your horizons.

Oh and just search google. This topic has been beaten to death on
numerous occasions.

Just to spite your rules, my top 5:

1.Centaur
2.Xenon
3.Eight Ball Deluxe
4.Whirlwind
5.Addams Family

pt

There have been a bunch of these threads, but I'll bite. I no
particular order:

AFM: This game is just plain fun and funny. Not too redundant, since
you have to mix up your shots to make it to RTU. Open playfield, but
plenty of shots and depth. Fast!

MM: Great game for many of the same reasons as AFM. Nuff said.

STTNG: No other game is quite like it. Great modes that reward you
for completing them, rather than just getting to them.

White Water: Another game that is just plain fun. Has some tough
shots and wild multiball. Also has an old school feel. I like it
better than Funhouse.

IJ: Deep game with awesome modes and multiballs. Great sounds too:
SUPER JACKPOT!!!

TZ: Nuff said here too. All time classic

Yeah that's six games- sorry. I have never owned a Stern title (Yet)
or LOTR and/or TSPP might be on my list.

John

Guilty Pleasure Top 5
1. Goldeneye
2. Demolition Man
3. Jurassic Park
4. Revenge from Mars
5. Captain Fantastic

AFM - awesome game. Simply fantastic flow, great humour, non-stop
action and totally addictive.

MM - much like AFM: great flow, excellent humour, a fantastic package.
Would love to have one, but this is the only game on my top 5 that I
don't own.

TZ - no other game like it. Excellent toys, great rules, love the power
playfield, the power ball is fantastic and totally changes the dynamics
of the game, great multiball, excellent wizard mode, etc.

NGG - everything I love in a Pat Lawlor game plus excellent flow.
Similar layout to TAF with the addition of a right ramp which improves
the flow of the game. Love whacking the gofers, love the humour,
excellent multiball and one of the most satisifying shots in
pinball...."Suppppperrrr Jackbot!"

CV - a very unique pin. With the addition of the home roms, the game is
simply outstanding: unique layout and features. Great multiball modes,
love that they can be stacked (it's really thrilling to have 3
multiball modes going at the same time, haven't been able to get 4
going, yet).

Anyhow that's my top 5 (not in order). Honourable mention goes to
Funhouse, IJ, LOTR, and ST:TNG.

Duane

AFM
CV
TZ
ToM
WCS

(Sorry, I have a penchant for Popadiuk games...)

Forgot the comments . . .

AFM
Great layout, sound, flow, speed, humor. Strobes and Bill's LED mod
provide for excellent light shows.

Indy500
Racing is a great theme for pinball. Fast and flowing, real
announcers, great colors and sound, unique toys (Turbo, Racetrack, LED
targets etc.)

TOTAN
Very unique mystical theme, fantastic light show, probably the best
art, interesting toys (spinning lamp, genie, swirl ramp), nice but not
great flow.

Elvis
Beautiful colorful and well lit playfield, nice bank of drops, fun to
play to music, clear upper playfield keeps an open feel, excellent
flow, weak BG though.

Rollergames
Fastest game I've ever played - Helps develop skills for other titles.
Great flow. Love the sound although most don't. Locked balls roll out
as you're working toward multiball. Great colors and attractive pf and
BG : )

Right with you Chris! I'll spite the rules too and put my current top
5:

1.Paragon
2.Fathom
3.Nineball
4.Eightball Deluxe
5.Star Gazer

DR

No Royal Rumble? Freddy? Who Dunnit? Damn, it's the same 7 games on
all lists.

Medieval Madness - For me it all comes together in this pin. Art,
humor, layout, rules.

Lord of the Rings - Has a few flaws but I really like this game and the
depth is phenomenal.

Scared Stiff - Too easy but just a damn lot of fun to play.

AFM - The only downfall to this is that it has the same layout as MM
and MM did it better.

Theatre of Magic - Great game. The only thing I'd change is increased
software depth (and from what i've heard better wizard mode). You
should have to complete the modes to get to wizard, not just start
them. Or better yet, leave it as it is, but have there be another
super wizard mode to achieve once you complete all the modes.

At one time I would have put TOTAN in my top 5 since it's the game that
got me hooked on pinball but after owning it I just don't think it has
the depth of some of the other games. Really fun game though. Scoring
is just unbalanced and you can use wishes to skip all the modes.

1- fireball
2- fast draw
3 - spirit of 76
4 - nip it
5 - joker poker

remember pinball died after 79, hmmmmm wonder why?

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.
68 Williams Student Prince

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

have a feeling one of those quotes was mine from earlier today.

Here' my top 5:

MM
AFM
SS
TZ
FT [yeah, i know but I just love the game]

Dan

"Mike" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
> Ok,,, So I keep reading these posts,,, and alot of them have these coments
> in them...
> There is a bunch of them in the previous Twilight Zone post.
>
> " in the top 3 anyways "
> " probably in the top 5 "
>
> BLA BLA BLA.... Doesent do anyone any good when we dont know the other
pins
> in YOUR top 5... If twilight zone is in your top five, but your other 4
are
> turds then......
>
> So what I am getting at,, Post your top 5,, Keep it in the 1991+ DMD era
> games.

There _is_ something stupidly awesome about FT, i dont know what it is,
but i enjoy the heck out of it ;)

my top 5

STTNG
MM/AFM
LOTR
SS
CFTBL

-c

1. Dirty Harry
2. Black Rose
3. Junkyard
4. No Fear
5. Championship Pub

My Top 5 DMD games

1. AFM - humor, fast play, good flow, risk-reward, it has it all
2. MM - Same benefits as AFM but less risky
3. TSPP - Deep, challenging and fun
4. STTNG - Unique, fast and challenging
5. Undecided, but it's not TZ

1. AFM -fast paced game play not overly complicated but not easy to get
to the wizard mode. Lots of cool features. Strobe multiball, dancing
martins, funny sound bites. Oh yeah and I love the Extra Ball
animation.
2. Getaway- Super fast orbit shots the mini loop at the top and the
supercharger.Also has a great soundtrack.
3. Lord of the Rings - tough game lots of modes to keep you coming back
for more. Lot's of multiballs to get and maybe someday I might see
Valinor.
4. Whitewater- Fast lots of ramps real good flow. Tough to get VJ
5. CftBL- Tough to get the superjackpots. I like the ramp move your car
combos. Cool theme. Good sountrack and cool animations.

The rest of the top 10(DM only):
WCS
ST:TNG
MM
BSD
TSPP

I can't have just 5....

Make it the top 5 I hate, that may be easier.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
==============================

Mike wrote:

> So what I am getting at,, Post your top 5,, Keep it in the 1991+ DMD era
> games.

LOL!

Now we're talkin'!

(Swap #4 & #5 around.) :)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=========================
pinballjim wrote:
> 1. Dirty Harry
> 2. Black Rose
> 3. Junkyard
> 4. No Fear
> 5. Championship Pub

>(Swap #4 & #5 around.) :)

I dunno, Fred, I think Flamer the Talking Skull slightly edges out
shoot up the middle over and over barbie doll.

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001