How to stop "Virtual Memory is low" message.....

I know this has been addressed before on this newsgroup but all the
answers/resolutions to the problem seemed to be addressed to computer
geeks.

Can anyone give this computer dork a simple resolution to getting rid
of this annoying message every time I'm on the PC for more than a
1/2-hour. It's driving me freakin' nuts!!!

Thanks to all who answer....
1 answer Last reply
More about stop virtual memory message

    Hi Garry,

    The resolution isn't so simple, so niether are the answers. Do you have
    Intel Application Accelerator installed? If so, you need to uninstall it and
    install the latest version. The older ones are incompatible with WinXP and
    can cause this error message.

    If not, then try this: Go to System properties/advanced/performance
    settings/advanced tab/virtual memory change and disable the swap file.
    Reboot. Delete all instances of pagefile.sys from all drives should any
    exist, then reverse the original steps and reenable the swap file. Reboot
    once more to finish. See if this helps.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "GarryS" <wehogarry@myway.com> wrote in message

    > I know this has been addressed before on this newsgroup but all the
    > answers/resolutions to the problem seemed to be addressed to computer
    > geeks.
    >
    > Can anyone give this computer dork a simple resolution to getting rid
    > of this annoying message every time I'm on the PC for more than a
    > 1/2-hour. It's driving me freakin' nuts!!!
    >
    > Thanks to all who answer....

Virtual Memory Windows XP