Sony Dcr Trv27 vs windows 7

G

trying to use usb streaming from my sony dcr trv27 to my windows7 64. can it be done. If not how else can I transfer mini dvr tapes to computer.

scorpius18

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
trying to use usb streaming from my sony dcr trv27 to my windows7 64. can it be done. If not how else can I transfer mini dvr tapes to computer.

I just recently picked up a used DCR-TRV27. Much to my chagrin, the software CD that came with it contains drivers up to and including Windows XP. Vista and Windows 7 users are out of luck. I also have Windows 7 64 bit installed. Sony says they did not produce a Vista/Windows 7 driver for this camcorder. I purchased a Dazzle DVC-107 USB video capture device which plugs into the USB port on my laptop and then you will need either an SVIDEO interface cable or the a/v cable that came with the CC to interface to the Dazzle device. This will enable analog video capture but at least it works. The Dazzle software works the same as Windows Movie Maker but is much more sophisticated. Pretty cool in my opinion. Hope this information is useful.

jcarufo

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Hi Scorpius18,
I too was frustrated trying to transfer tapes from my DCR-TVR27 to my 64 bit Windows 7 HP for storage and editing. After days of searching to no avail I thought I'd give it one last try today. Somehow I stumbled on this post on the Microsoft Community blog that answers and solves our problem. It took maybe 10 minutes to install and alter the Movie Maker program and it works perfectly. After program installation and connecting the camera by firewire, my computer immediately installed the correct driver and took over control of the transfer process. I'm copying my second tape as I type this and can't really believe how easy it was. Just follow 'DeeSleezy's' post below.
Enjoy and if you get the opportunity, please pass it on.
jc

"BEST ANSWER!!!.... download WMM 2.6 for vista run on windows 7 then copy the moviemk file itself from the older windows xp version copy to usb insert in win 7 comp then paste it over the 2.6 moviemk and boom it's fixed!!! good old fashion windoes wovie maker for windows 7..... i searched online for weeks until i just decided to mess around and it worked!!! i'm not even a comp wizz
Reply Reply with quote Report abuse

Found this helpful
Me Too
DeeSleezy replied on July 30, 2011

In reply to DeeSleezy post on July 30, 2011
i might just upload the file so everyone can have it

Found this helpful
Me Too
IgorFrança replied on March 4, 2012

In reply to DeeSleezy post on July 30, 2011
Hello everyone, this "trick" just works for me on Win7. Just copy/paste in Windows Movie Maker 2.6 folder the executable MOVIEMK.EXE extracted from Windows XP bellow:

http://www.4shared.com/get/5knGh1na/moviemk.html

Found this helpful
Me Too
DeeSleezy replied on November 2, 2012

i have BEST answer!!! i promise..... first download windows moviemaker2.6 for vista run it on windows 7, then.... this is the hard part.... download windows movie maker for windows XP
now open folder that contains movie maker 2.6 files it's located in computer disk C programs X(86) movie maker 2.6 paste XP version files over the 2.6 version files click replace as many times as it asks and when u are done try it out!!! now u have the original windows movie maker running on windows 7 that is not missing the capture from video device..... enjoy

Found this helpful
Me Too
DeeSleezy replied on November 2, 2012

i think i already answered this but.... u need to make a email go to mail dot com make a email post it here and i'll send you my hacked version of windows movie maker 2.6.... unless u have access to a pc running XP if so just copy old xp movie maker files to disk download movie maker 2.6 for win vista and run it on 7.... then paste the xp files over the 2.6 ones located in programs x 86"