Dimension 2400 bracket

gb

Anyone know where I can get a spare bracket to house an additional 3.5in
hard drive? There is space inside the case, but nothing to screw into.

Supposedly Dell has them, but it seems nobody can get one. Another place is
http://www.issue-resolved.com/

"GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
> Anyone know where I can get a spare bracket to house an additional 3.5in
> hard drive? There is space inside the case, but nothing to screw into.

If you don't have a second optical (CD or DVD) drive, put a couple 3 1/2 to
5 1/4 brackets on it and put it in the second bay. That's what I did.

Tom
"joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Supposedly Dell has them, but it seems nobody can get one. Another place
is
> http://www.issue-resolved.com/
>
> "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
> > Anyone know where I can get a spare bracket to house an additional 3.5in
> > hard drive? There is space inside the case, but nothing to screw into.

You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.

Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962. It
will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00 shipping.
You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.

It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.

Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message news:4Fboc.12629$Lm3.9575@lakeread04...
> You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
>
> Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962.
It
> will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
shipping.
> You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
>
> It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.

Thanks - that's just what I needed to know.

issues-resolved charges $25 which is a bit OTT in my opinion.

> "joe_tide" <joetide@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Supposedly Dell has them, but it seems nobody can get one. Another place
> is
> > http://www.issue-resolved.com/
> >
> > "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
> > > Anyone know where I can get a spare bracket to house an additional
3.5in
> > > hard drive? There is space inside the case, but nothing to screw
into.

gb

Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message news:4Fboc.12629$Lm3.9575@lakeread04...
> You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
>
> Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962.
It
> will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
shipping.
> You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
>
> It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.

The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to end
users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They have
the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery. That's
around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.

The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from Dell. That
costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets from an
online store of 60 Pounds.

There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely a
minus.

I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence isntead.

Sorry, I did not realise (sic) that you were across the pond. It is
unfortunate that they make it so hard to get the bracket. If it gets cost
prohibitive, you might want to consider a larger hard drive as a full
replacement - or get an external drive. I have an external WD 80 Gb that
works quite nicely. I use it between machines for backup, etc.

Good luck.

> Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message
> > You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
> >
> > Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962.
> It
> > will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
> shipping.
> > You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
> >
> > It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.
> >

> The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to end
> users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They
have
> the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery. That's
> around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.
>
> The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from Dell.
That
> costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets from
an
> online store of 60 Pounds.
>
> There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely a
> minus.
>
> I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence isntead.

hh

I've got the same USB WD 80GB drive for my 2400. Works great and XP sets it
up easily.
HH

> Sorry, I did not realise (sic) that you were across the pond. It is
> unfortunate that they make it so hard to get the bracket. If it gets cost
> prohibitive, you might want to consider a larger hard drive as a full
> replacement - or get an external drive. I have an external WD 80 Gb that
> works quite nicely. I use it between machines for backup, etc.
>
> Good luck.
>

> "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
> >
> > Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message
> > > You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
> > >
> > > Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number
0t962.
> > It
> > > will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
> > shipping.
> > > You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
> > >
> > > It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.
> > >

> > The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to
end
> > users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They
> have
> > the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery.
That's
> > around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.
> >
> > The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from Dell.
> That
> > costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets
from
> an
> > online store of 60 Pounds.
> >
> > There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely a
> > minus.
> >
> > I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence isntead.

Snoopy

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Or get one of these (got one and they work great):
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.ap?description=17-145-314&depa=0

And you got a nice portable drive too!

"GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message

> Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message
> > You can get them very easily. I just received two of them.
> >
> > Order the bracket from dell spare parts 800-879-3355, part number 0t962.
> It
> > will cost 9.99 plus 8.00 shipping. Order two and it is still 8.00
> shipping.
> > You only get the bracket - no cables, screws, instructions, etc.
> >
> > It should take all of about 5-10 minutes to install.
> >

> The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to end
> users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They
have
> the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery. That's
> around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.
>
> The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from Dell.
That
> costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets from
an
> online store of 60 Pounds.
>
> There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely a
> minus.
>
> I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence isntead.

I have two 250GB USB2 drives, one 200GB USB2 drive, one internal 80GB drive
and one internal 250GB drive on my 2400. Typing on it as we speak,
projected on my new Dell 4100MP projector. A little over a terabyte on a
2400 :)

Tom
"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got the same USB WD 80GB drive for my 2400. Works great and XP sets
it
> up easily.
> HH
>
> "Art N" <an@home.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry, I did not realise (sic) that you were across the pond. It is
> > unfortunate that they make it so hard to get the bracket. If it gets
cost
> > prohibitive, you might want to consider a larger hard drive as a full
> > replacement - or get an external drive. I have an external WD 80 Gb
that
> > works quite nicely. I use it between machines for backup, etc.
> >
> > Good luck.
> >

> > "GB" <NotMyEmailAddress@Anywhere.InTheUniverse> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Art N <an@home.com> wrote in message

> 0t962.
> > > It
> > > shipping.

> > > The position in the UK is ridiculous. Dell do not sell these items to
> end
> > > users. There is a company called service source on 01925 260 830. They
> > have
> > > the part in stock but they charge 35 Pounds plus 7 Pounds delivery.
> That's
> > > around $80 for a mass-produced bit of bent metal.
> > >
> > > The alternative is to buy a complete drive including bracket from
Dell.
> > That
> > > costs 150 Pounds, compared to the cost of the drive without brackets
> from
> > an
> > > online store of 60 Pounds.
> > >
> > > There are pluses and minuses in buying Dell stuff. This is definitely
> > > minus.
> > >
> > > I'll get an adapter for the 5.25inch drive bay for a few pence
isntead.

hh

Why did I know your post would follow?? Hmmmmm.
HH