Help

From: "deltaphi" <deltaphi@discussions.microsoft.com>

| I am running Mcafee anti-virus software and have a peculiar problem. When I
| boot my machine (I am running XP SP2) and go to my account, and try to
| download a test virus, the message pops up that the file is a virus and what
| do I want to do? So far, so good. WHen I switch to another user, download the
| test virus, message pops up. Then when I go back to the original account, I
| no longer get the pop up, but when I switch to the the other user, I get a
| message about the earlier virus I tried to download.
|
| It always happens this way to the first account I access after start-up, not
| to the same account. I have fully scsanned everything, run ad-aware as well.
|
| Help

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

What version of McAfee VirusScan software and is it retail or corp. ?

What do you mean "...download a test virus...". ?
Do you really mean the EICAR Test file (which is NOT a virus at all but just a standardized
test string) ?
http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm

Finally the *best* place to ask a McAfee VirusScan question would always be the McAfee
Forums.
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/index.php

--
Dave