Solved

HP Printer network printing problem

Model: HP LaserJet P3005dn I'm using Mac OSX (Snow Leopard)

The machine will print out configuration when using the menu display buttons but documents sent to it will not. LAN is enabled. I open Bonjour and the printer is visible however when I double click it (select for more info) the link does not respond. The network port in back has a solid green light and a flashing orange/yellow light. I'm assuming that indicates a network problem.

In older models, I could switch the network card and/or switch the network card port and that often corrected the problem. However, this new model has the network card built directly as part of the format board. Any troubleshooting advice?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about printer network printing problem
  1. Did you try different network cables and ports on the switch? Printing directly to the printer with USB? Try a different computer?
  2. Best answer
    1st thing to do - get a crossover cable and connect the printer directly to the computer to rule out any cabling/switch/router issues. I would also try a different computer, preferably a windows PC. If that fails then yes there could be a problem with the printer requiring replacement of the formatter board.
  3. Thank you so much for all the help. I did all three suggestions above. As it turns out, I had the formatter board replaced and now the darn thing is happy. :pt1cable:
  4. Best answer selected by cyberdigr.
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers Network Card Peripherals