Elbrus team and IP is now under intel control

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=16110
Intel now have more that 5 major team for architecture developement.

Isreal Banias
Boston Alpha team
California P6 itanium merced
Texas Tejas jayhawk
St perterbours Elbrus

The real deal is what will happen with SUN team they have alllready layoff many and there best will move.

i need to change useur name.

Coop

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2003
Intel now have more that 5 major team for architecture developement.
Haw many teams have AMD ?

Toms Hardware Site is a joke !
Looks like intel spent more on bribing reviewers to cover up it aint that great than they did in R&D, you know what im talking about Tom !

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
No they have at least 2 (alternating) teams working on CPU designs. The K9 team is not the same one that designed the K8. Unlike intel however, they don't work in parallel, so AMD in general doesnt really have a plan B (intel typically has a plan C and D as well).

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

trooper11

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2004
um right... anyway, my point was they have done fine with what they have had. i think they have odne nicely so far. they go have a great performing cpu.

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
My god, I was reading <A HREF="http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/elbrus-e2k.html" target="_new">this article</A> on E2K technology, and if Intel can implement this to its full potential, then this is one hell of a CPU.

It's just sad that they have 2 or 3 big projects and some of those might not see the day instead of having one gargantuan, kill-it-all project. I mean, they have all think tanks you could possibly need to devise the best processor on earth!

<i><font color=red>You never change the existing reality by fighting it. Instead, create a new model that makes the old one obsolete</font color=red> - Buckminster Fuller </i>

trooper11

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2004
well youd think they would take a page form amd and not space themselves out too much, but intel is alot like microsoft in that respect, not really focused on one area.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I think Intel's actions were more to stop cheap Itanium clones from being made in Russia than to actually improve their own chip design. I think that, if anything, is completely secondary.

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
My god, I was reading this article on E2K technology, and if Intel can implement this to its full potential, then this is one hell of a CPU.
I think that Intel has thoroughly proven with Scotty that their ability to implement anything to its full potential is far from ideal. :O

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Personnaly i think they might just work on smaller thing for a while.How they can work under a american corp how they can follow time ligne....

In any case that may be also a pre attack againt potential Ip lawsuit.They have develope VLIW for many year any paper that have something similar with itanium may be a potential paper that worth 500 million.Intergraph have allready cost intel a lot of PR.

i need to change useur name.