Seeking Audio Amplifier with Latency Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

aolinger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Hello,

I have been looking to hook up some stereo speakers to my 2008 Mac Pro through an amplifier/receiver, by running a 3.5mm to RCA cable from the Mac Pro to an amp. (Unbalanced, I know, but will only be for basic monitoring.)

LCD monitor is hooked up through DVI.

Due to the latency inherent in LCD displays and since I will be doing video editing on the machine, I want to get an audio amp with adjustable audio millisecond delay built in, so that I can match the outputted audio to the video playing on my LCD.

I already have a Syncheck3 to verify video/audio sync.

I had looked into the Denon AVR-1312 due to its audio delay features, but after checking out the manual, it looks like the audio delay adjustments are only available when routing a HDMI/video signal through the receiver, by using an interface through a visual interface on a HDTV.

I`ve also looked at dedicated audio delay boxes to solve this thing, such as the DataVideo AD-100, but as I am going to need an amp to route the audio to speakers anyway, I figured it would be better to keep it down to just one device, to keep costs under control.

Any insight or hardware recommendations would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.