Keyboard intermittently stops respond

Using Windows XP2
If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops responding,
I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start typing
again.
Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
It drives me nuts.
Please help me...

MB
6 answers Last reply
More about keyboard intermittently stops respond

    Have you tried a new keyboard ??

    MD

    "frfrmr" <frfrmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using Windows XP2
    > If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
    > When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops
    > responding,
    > I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start typing
    > again.
    > Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
    > It drives me nuts.
    > Please help me...
    >
    > MB

    You can try moving the keyboard to another USB port if it is USB. You
    may be getting a conflict with another device.

    DJ
    WWW.ThisOldPC.net

    MadDog wrote:
    > Have you tried a new keyboard ??
    >
    > MD
    >

    > "frfrmr" <frfrmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Using Windows XP2
    > > If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
    > > When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops
    > > responding,
    > > I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start typing
    > > again.
    > > Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
    > > It drives me nuts.
    > > Please help me...
    > >
    > > MB

    frfrmr <frfrmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    |>Using Windows XP2
    |>If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
    |>When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops responding,
    |>I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start typing
    |>again.
    |>Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
    |>It drives me nuts.
    |>Please help me...

    Sounds like something is taking the focus away from the program, go
    into the control panel and check the mouse settings.

    --

    http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/images/photo130.jpg

    Hi, it sounds as if something is stealing "focus", which means that it's
    making itself the active program and that's why when you continue to
    type it seems as if your keyboard is not working and you have to click
    again in the entry window. It sounds as if it could be internet
    explorer pop-ups or pop-unders.

    First off make sure you have no virii or spyware, run a virus check and
    use a program like ad-aware to scan your pc for nasties.

    Try this and report back your results. :)

    frfrmr Wrote:
    > Using Windows XP2
    > If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
    > When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops
    > responding,
    > I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start
    > typing
    > again.
    > Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
    > It drives me nuts.
    > Please help me...
    >
    > MB
    :) :) :) :) :(

    --
    Jerry664

    Hey Jerry
    Thanks for your answer, I think you have the perfect description of my
    problem. I checked for virus and spyware with no result

    "Jerry664" wrote:

    > Hi, it sounds as if something is stealing "focus", which means that it's
    > making itself the active program and that's why when you continue to
    > type it seems as if your keyboard is not working and you have to click
    > again in the entry window. It sounds as if it could be internet
    > explorer pop-ups or pop-unders.
    >
    > First off make sure you have no virii or spyware, run a virus check and
    > use a program like ad-aware to scan your pc for nasties.
    >
    > Try this and report back your results. :)
    >

    > frfrmr Wrote:
    > > Using Windows XP2
    > > If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
    > > When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops
    > > responding,
    > > I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start
    > > typing
    > > again.
    > > Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
    > > It drives me nuts.
    > > Please help me...
    > >
    > > MB
    > :) :) :) :) :(
    >

    > --
    > Jerry664

    Hi, although you say your scan came up negative, there must be something
    interfering. Download a program called hijackthis from this link:

    http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip

    When you run the program choose "Do a system scan and save a logfile.
    This will scan your system for running processes and startup items and
    open a notepad file with the results. Copy and paste the information
    here and I'll have a look.

    p.s. dont check any of the boxes yet, just close the program after
    you've save the text file.

    Jerry.

    --
    Jerry664