  • Microsoft
  • Keyboards
  • Windows XP
September 18, 2005 10:48:03 PM

Using Windows XP2
If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops responding,
I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start typing
again.
Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
It drives me nuts.
Please help me...

MB

More about : keyboard intermittently stops respond

September 18, 2005 11:44:02 PM

Have you tried a new keyboard ??

MD

"frfrmr" <frfrmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP2
> If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
> When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops
> responding,
> I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start typing
> again.
> Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
> It drives me nuts.
> Please help me...
>
> MB

Anonymous
September 19, 2005 12:37:52 AM

You can try moving the keyboard to another USB port if it is USB. You
may be getting a conflict with another device.

DJ
WWW.ThisOldPC.net

MadDog wrote:
> Have you tried a new keyboard ??
>
> MD
>

> "frfrmr" <frfrmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using Windows XP2
> > If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
> > When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops
> > responding,
> > I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start typing
> > again.
> > Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
> > It drives me nuts.
> > Please help me...
> >
> > MB

Related resources
September 19, 2005 1:26:16 AM

frfrmr <frfrmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

|>Using Windows XP2
|>If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
|>When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops responding,
|>I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start typing
|>again.
|>Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
|>It drives me nuts.
|>Please help me...

Sounds like something is taking the focus away from the program, go
into the control panel and check the mouse settings.

--

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/images/photo130....
Anonymous

Hi, it sounds as if something is stealing "focus", which means that it's
making itself the active program and that's why when you continue to
type it seems as if your keyboard is not working and you have to click
again in the entry window. It sounds as if it could be internet
explorer pop-ups or pop-unders.

First off make sure you have no virii or spyware, run a virus check and
use a program like ad-aware to scan your pc for nasties.

Try this and report back your results. :)

frfrmr Wrote:
> Using Windows XP2
> If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
> When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops
> responding,
> I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start
> typing
> again.
> Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
> It drives me nuts.
> Please help me...
>
> MB
:)  :)  :)  :)  :(

--
Jerry664
Anonymous

Hey Jerry
Thanks for your answer, I think you have the perfect description of my
problem. I checked for virus and spyware with no result

"Jerry664" wrote:

> Hi, it sounds as if something is stealing "focus", which means that it's
> making itself the active program and that's why when you continue to
> type it seems as if your keyboard is not working and you have to click
> again in the entry window. It sounds as if it could be internet
> explorer pop-ups or pop-unders.
>
> First off make sure you have no virii or spyware, run a virus check and
> use a program like ad-aware to scan your pc for nasties.
>
> Try this and report back your results. :)
>

> frfrmr Wrote:
> > Using Windows XP2
> > If I am on internet (aol), with one or two sites open
> > When I want to type something, intermittently the keyboard stops
> > responding,
> > I have to click the pointer again at the end of my phrase and start
> > typing
> > again.
> > Sometimes it even stops after 2 or 3 letters over and over.
> > It drives me nuts.
> > Please help me...
> >
> > MB
> :)  :)  :)  :)  :(
>

> --
> Jerry664

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 10:36:02 AM

Hi, although you say your scan came up negative, there must be something
interfering. Download a program called hijackthis from this link:

http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip

When you run the program choose "Do a system scan and save a logfile.
This will scan your system for running processes and startup items and
open a notepad file with the results. Copy and paste the information
here and I'll have a look.

p.s. dont check any of the boxes yet, just close the program after
you've save the text file.

Jerry.

--
Jerry664