CFTBL - HUO - Prototype - Serial #2

We will be putting this game up on eBay in a few days, unless we receive an
acceptable offer beforehand. We haven't established an exact price as of
yet, but belive it to be worth somewhere between 7-11K, remembering that
our TAFG #4 went for 12.5K just a few months back.

History of the game:
Guaranteed Home Use Only! We purchased this game from Cleveland Coin in
Indianapolis in Nov of 1992. My brother was collecting anything SciFi at the
time so when he heard that the CFTBL was coming, he was one of the first
people to purchase. It stayed at home until 1995 when it was sold to a local
collector, where it has remained in his basement arcade ever since.

Condition of game:
The game is Serial #2 (20018 110002), Mfg. Date Aug 7, 1992, ... with red
circuit boards under the playfield, red kiss inserts, yellow flipper bats,
and a unique chase ramp that has the chase lights exposed up thru the
plastic so that they can be changed easily. The pop bumpers are not lit, the
game has a standard pink DP playfield. The game is all original, all boards
are untouched and original, never removed, Rom version L-4, legs are
original pewter grey. Very Green Hologram. The cabinet and backbox are about
as Mint as we've ever seen. no fading whatsoever, with just a few light
marks. The game is not dirty at all, and the ball marks in the ramps and
troughs are very light. The playfield is nice and bright but does have some
paint loss around the Search, Mega Menu, Move your Car, and Double Feature
inserts. There is some paint loss around the snack bar hole, but the hole
itself is just starting to show some wear. The game works perfectly with the
customer changing out a few bulbs and rubbers over the years. We haven't
done anything to this game thinking that the new owner may want to take care
of any repairs himself, and maybe even have the playfield clearcoated.

If you have any interest in purchasing this unique game, please email us.
Photos will up on our website soon.

Thank You
Allen
www.treasure-cove.net
13 answers Last reply
More about cftbl prototype serial

    Wow, if that is worth 7 - 10K, then my game, which is the same as
    decribed sans the wear, plus having the original black flippers, and
    being number zero (as it never was given a number as it never went so
    much as even on test, straight to someone on the design team, yes it is
    unumbered! perhaps the only one of its kind!) must be worth 20k easy!

    "must be worth 20k easy!"

    Yeah, but do you have pics of it by a garage door? That adds at least
    5K. :D

    I'm guess I'm being a pain here, but I don't understand the paint loss
    on a HUO DP machine...

    2. punkva...@gmail.com Aug 18, 2:50 pm show options

    Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
    From: punkva...@gmail.com - Find messages by this author
    Date: 18 Aug 2005 11:50:18 -0700
    Subject: Re: CFTBL - HUO - Prototype - Serial #2
    original | Report Abuse

    Wow, if that is worth 7 - 10K, then my game, which is the same as
    decribed sans the wear, plus having the original black flippers, and
    being number zero (as it never was given a number as it never went so
    much as even on test, straight to someone on the design team, yes it is

    unumbered! perhaps the only one of its kind!) must be worth 20k easy!

    well mxv, you forgot some important other differences...

    metal rails instead of wood
    red kiss lenses
    hot pink pf
    proto black and white creature holo
    zero wear on the pf
    black flipper bats
    and proto stickers over the ramps sign with different artwork

    i don't know if it is worth 20k, but certainly double whatever allen
    gets for his, sit tight.

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    it happens all the time, when the machine ISN"T huo.

    Koz Pinlicious wrote:
    > it happens all the time, when the machine ISN"T huo.
    >
    > Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    Not fair Koz..... Maybe the guy lived in a room over the arcade, making
    the arcade "his home"

    Raised inserts wear really fast, and the snackbar takes quite a
    beating. So some wear could be expected, even in HUO. Same issue with
    the MB pit.

    Raised inserts wear really fast, and the snackbar takes quite a
    beating. So some wear could be expected, even in HUO. Same issue with
    the MB pit.

    Raised inserts wear really fast, and the snackbar takes quite a
    beating. So some wear could be expected, even in HUO. Same issue with
    the MB pit.

    The "cadillac" plastic is broken in three, and the flap part that goes
    over the kiss scoop is missing.

    -cody
    CARGPB#4

    Hey what do you expect for 7-12k;)

    nomad

    Photos are here:

    http://www.treasure-cove.net/CFTBL.htm

    thanks
    Allen

    thanks to all that inquired, the game has been sold.

    Allen

    "Treasurecove" <TreasureSPAMcove@iglou.com> wrote in message
    > We will be putting this game up on eBay in a few days, unless we receive
    > an acceptable offer beforehand. We haven't established an exact price as
    > of yet, but belive it to be worth somewhere between 7-11K, remembering
    > that our TAFG #4 went for 12.5K just a few months back.
    >
    > History of the game:
    > Guaranteed Home Use Only! We purchased this game from Cleveland Coin in
    > Indianapolis in Nov of 1992. My brother was collecting anything SciFi at
    > the time so when he heard that the CFTBL was coming, he was one of the
    > first people to purchase. It stayed at home until 1995 when it was sold to
    > a local collector, where it has remained in his basement arcade ever
    > since.
    >
    > Condition of game:
    > The game is Serial #2 (20018 110002), Mfg. Date Aug 7, 1992, ... with red
    > circuit boards under the playfield, red kiss inserts, yellow flipper bats,
    > and a unique chase ramp that has the chase lights exposed up thru the
    > plastic so that they can be changed easily. The pop bumpers are not lit,
    > the game has a standard pink DP playfield. The game is all original, all
    > boards are untouched and original, never removed, Rom version L-4, legs
    > are original pewter grey. Very Green Hologram. The cabinet and backbox are
    > about as Mint as we've ever seen. no fading whatsoever, with just a few
    > light marks. The game is not dirty at all, and the ball marks in the ramps
    > and troughs are very light. The playfield is nice and bright but does have
    > some paint loss around the Search, Mega Menu, Move your Car, and Double
    > Feature inserts. There is some paint loss around the snack bar hole, but
    > the hole itself is just starting to show some wear. The game works
    > perfectly with the customer changing out a few bulbs and rubbers over the
    > years. We haven't done anything to this game thinking that the new owner
    > may want to take care of any repairs himself, and maybe even have the
    > playfield clearcoated.
    >
    > If you have any interest in purchasing this unique game, please email us.
    > Photos will up on our website soon.
    >
    > Thank You
    > Allen
    > www.treasure-cove.net