Alright, what are we talking here... - CFTBL

Adi

Pictures taken 10 minutes ago: proto, sample, what?
Red boards, red KISS inserts, sticker pictures here:
http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/

I am just getting ready to shop the game, have an interested buyer. Was
about to sell it for peanuts, then I opened it up. Any help appreciated,
proto, sample or what the hell is this game?

Adi
www.txpinball.com

>Nah, Nikon Cool Pix cameras are the worst

pentax optio 5mp- great photos and a super small package. Love mine.

Kirb

yep, I got the optio 4si - great camera, fits in an altoid box - Q

might be time for a new camera ;-)

take some clear pics of it and we could probably help you out a little
better :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

martin

What's the manufacturing date? Should be somewhere. And does it have
the hologram, or did you pull it (it is missing in the picture).

X in serial # = proto

I think we have *2* CFTBL protos on RGP today!

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

adi@txpinball.com wrote:
> Pictures taken 10 minutes ago: proto, sample, what?
> Red boards, red KISS inserts, sticker pictures here:
> http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/
>
> I am just getting ready to shop the game, have an interested buyer. Was
> about to sell it for peanuts, then I opened it up. Any help appreciated,
> proto, sample or what the hell is this game?
>
> Adi
> www.txpinball.com

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Adi,
Are the boards in the backbox Red as well ???

I just sold a Whirlwind that had the red light boards under the PF, But
I dont believe that made it a Proto ???, Or did it ??
I thought a Proto had to have ALL Red boards, Not just light boards ??,
Interesting !!

Pin-Del,

It almost looks like the cab serial # sticker is laid over the top of
another?

-

adi@txpinball.com wrote:
> Pictures taken 10 minutes ago: proto, sample, what?
> Red boards, red KISS inserts, sticker pictures here:
> http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/
>
> I am just getting ready to shop the game, have an interested buyer. Was
> about to sell it for peanuts, then I opened it up. Any help appreciated,
> proto, sample or what the hell is this game?
>
> Adi
> www.txpinball.com

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

All of the light boards were Red, John ,,, I'll e-mail the buyer & ask
if the game had the X in the Ser, Number ,,, Interesting indeed !!

Pin-Del,

All the lamp boards, or just the single lamp boards?

Sys 11's used single red lamp boards a lot.

-

Del wrote:
> Adi,
> Are the boards in the backbox Red as well ???
>
> I just sold a Whirlwind that had the red light boards under the PF, But
> I dont believe that made it a Proto ???, Or did it ??
> I thought a Proto had to have ALL Red boards, Not just light boards ??,
> Interesting !!
>
> Pin-Del,

Adi

The camera is fine, it' the top of the line Nikon CoolPix. My shaky hand and
rush in and out of the shop is entirely different thing. You're telling me
you cannot see the numbers on the sticker?
Try this picture: http://txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/Img1966.JPG

Oh, by the way, did you get your hardware yet?

Best regards,
Adi
www.txpinball.com

"Koz Pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
> might be time for a new camera ;-)
>
> take some clear pics of it and we could probably help you out a little
> better :)
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Adi

I went in and looked at it again. No manufacturing date anywhere. The
sticker at the back of the machine is identical to the sticker inside the
cab that I photographed. Serial numbers for the boards, transformer, etc
have the same number on them, cept the power driver board I am changing a
TIP on it.
Hologram is taken out, since I am about to replace that dirty ass, scratched
window. It's in the shop, wrapped in cloth.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"martin" <martin.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What's the manufacturing date? Should be somewhere. And does it have
> the hologram, or did you pull it (it is missing in the picture).

Adi

Nope, green boards in the backbox, same serial #s though.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

"Del" <delmail333@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Adi,
> Are the boards in the backbox Red as well ???
>
> I just sold a Whirlwind that had the red light boards under the PF, But
> I dont believe that made it a Proto ???, Or did it ??
> I thought a Proto had to have ALL Red boards, Not just light boards ??,
> Interesting !!
>
> Pin-Del,

I find the digi cam stuff to be like Ford vs Chevy. My father is a
photographer and I've always used Nikon everything, because that's what has
been around.

There are some other nice brands, but I've found every mfg has some good
quality stuff and some junk - depends on what you're gonna spend :)

--

"kirb" <kirbseepe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >Nah, Nikon Cool Pix cameras are the worst
>
> pentax optio 5mp- great photos and a super small package. Love mine.
>
> Kirb

Adi

I added more pictures: http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/
The sticker behind the backbox in the back has the same sticker as inside
the cabinet. The sticker inside the cabinet , besides wrinkles, looks like
it's peeled and stuck onto some other sticker, no way UI can separate the
two without major loss. The one in the back is all by itself.

All light boards underneath the playfield, and some opto boards are red.
Same serial number on everything including backbox boards, transformer
etc... No manufacturing date anywhere. The only date I can find, is on a con
door sticker and it reads July 23, 1992.

I've never seen the game before without the mfg. date, even the early TZ
sample I owned had it. Interesting.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

<adi@txpinball.com> wrote in message
> Pictures taken 10 minutes ago: proto, sample, what?
> Red boards, red KISS inserts, sticker pictures here:
> http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/
>
> I am just getting ready to shop the game, have an interested buyer. Was
> about to sell it for peanuts, then I opened it up. Any help appreciated,
> proto, sample or what the hell is this game?
>
> Adi
> www.txpinball.com

Adi

Absolutely not a faintest clue in the world why not.

> PF serial number doesn't match. Any ideas as to why not?

You're exactly right John, ..
my favorite has always been Canon, .. I used the Digital Rebel for a long
time and now I have the EOS-20D which is just an amazing camera. If you go
read up on www.dpreview.com I imagine that the new Digital Rebel XT is the
hot camera right now.

Allen

"John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
>I find the digi cam stuff to be like Ford vs Chevy. My father is a
>photographer and I've always used Nikon everything, because that's what has
>been around.
>
> There are some other nice brands, but I've found every mfg has some good
> quality stuff and some junk - depends on what you're gonna spend :)
>
> --
> http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>

> "kirb" <kirbseepe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >Nah, Nikon Cool Pix cameras are the worst
>>
>> pentax optio 5mp- great photos and a super small package. Love mine.
>>
>> Kirb

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:40:40 -0500, "John Wart, jr"
<johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote:

>X in serial # = proto
>
>I think we have *2* CFTBL protos on RGP today!

Interesting that this one appears to be a re-import as well. What a
day for The Creech!

Adi

John Trudeau got back to me and he confirmed it's a sample. Heck of a nice
guy, and very helpful. Treasure-Cove has a very nice example too, he posted
his pictures online. After comparing the right boob on the swimmer girl
graphic on the playfield with his playfield picture, sure enough, it is
indeed a different color on my playfield too.

Adi
www.txpinball.com

whew, for a moment there I thought you were on something. looks like
my vacation pics using a new Digital Elph. thing is so light weight
that pushing the button in causes it to shake and ruins pictures.

stevebo

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:42:27 GMT, <adi@txpinball.com> wrote:

>The camera is fine, it' the top of the line Nikon CoolPix. My shaky hand and
>rush in and out of the shop is entirely different thing. You're telling me
>you cannot see the numbers on the sticker?
>Try this picture: http://txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/Img1966.JPG
>
>Oh, by the way, did you get your hardware yet?
>
>Best regards,
>Adi
>www.txpinball.com
>

>"Koz Pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> might be time for a new camera ;-)
>>
>> take some clear pics of it and we could probably help you out a little
>> better :)
>>
>> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

Great camera but you have to use it correctly:

Elbows tucked into your body to steady it

View through the viewfinder--not the lcd screen

Don't use the zoom--move your feet

Low light will slow shutter speed--hard to get a clear pic(use a tripod)

Squeeze the shutter button--no yipping allowed.

The way NOT to use it:

Extend your arms, plant your feet, full zoom, view through the lcd, and yip
on the button

Otto

CARGPB11

"Steve C" <steve@stevechannel.com> wrote in message
> whew, for a moment there I thought you were on something. looks like
> my vacation pics using a new Digital Elph. thing is so light weight
> that pushing the button in causes it to shake and ruins pictures.

I think most of my problem was caused by too many pints of English
beer. mostly that Pig's Ear and Old Peculiar stuff I was drinking.
yikes.

stevebo