Alright, what are we talking here... - CFTBL

Pictures taken 10 minutes ago: proto, sample, what?
Red boards, red KISS inserts, sticker pictures here:
http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/

I am just getting ready to shop the game, have an interested buyer. Was
about to sell it for peanuts, then I opened it up. Any help appreciated,
proto, sample or what the hell is this game?

Adi
www.txpinball.com
22 answers Last reply
More about alright talking here cftbl

    might be time for a new camera ;-)

    take some clear pics of it and we could probably help you out a little
    better :-)

    Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    What's the manufacturing date? Should be somewhere. And does it have
    the hologram, or did you pull it (it is missing in the picture).

    X in serial # = proto

    I think we have *2* CFTBL protos on RGP today!

    -

    http://www.myhomegameroom.com

    adi@txpinball.com wrote:
    > Pictures taken 10 minutes ago: proto, sample, what?
    > Red boards, red KISS inserts, sticker pictures here:
    > http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/
    >
    > I am just getting ready to shop the game, have an interested buyer. Was
    > about to sell it for peanuts, then I opened it up. Any help appreciated,
    > proto, sample or what the hell is this game?
    >
    > Adi
    > www.txpinball.com

    Adi,
    Are the boards in the backbox Red as well ???

    I just sold a Whirlwind that had the red light boards under the PF, But
    I dont believe that made it a Proto ???, Or did it ??
    I thought a Proto had to have ALL Red boards, Not just light boards ??,
    Interesting !!

    Pin-Del,

    It almost looks like the cab serial # sticker is laid over the top of
    another?

    -

    adi@txpinball.com wrote:
    > Pictures taken 10 minutes ago: proto, sample, what?
    > Red boards, red KISS inserts, sticker pictures here:
    > http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/
    >
    > I am just getting ready to shop the game, have an interested buyer. Was
    > about to sell it for peanuts, then I opened it up. Any help appreciated,
    > proto, sample or what the hell is this game?
    >
    > Adi
    > www.txpinball.com

    All of the light boards were Red, John ,,, I'll e-mail the buyer & ask
    if the game had the X in the Ser, Number ,,, Interesting indeed !!

    Pin-Del,

    PF serial number doesn't match. Any ideas as to why not?

    >Nah, Nikon Cool Pix cameras are the worst

    pentax optio 5mp- great photos and a super small package. Love mine.

    Kirb

    yep, I got the optio 4si - great camera, fits in an altoid box - Q

    All the lamp boards, or just the single lamp boards?

    Sys 11's used single red lamp boards a lot.

    -

    Del wrote:
    > Adi,
    > Are the boards in the backbox Red as well ???
    >
    > I just sold a Whirlwind that had the red light boards under the PF, But
    > I dont believe that made it a Proto ???, Or did it ??
    > I thought a Proto had to have ALL Red boards, Not just light boards ??,
    > Interesting !!
    >
    > Pin-Del,

    The camera is fine, it' the top of the line Nikon CoolPix. My shaky hand and
    rush in and out of the shop is entirely different thing. You're telling me
    you cannot see the numbers on the sticker?
    Try this picture: http://txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/Img1966.JPG

    Oh, by the way, did you get your hardware yet?

    Best regards,
    Adi
    www.txpinball.com

    "Koz Pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > might be time for a new camera ;-)
    >
    > take some clear pics of it and we could probably help you out a little
    > better :-)
    >
    > Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    I went in and looked at it again. No manufacturing date anywhere. The
    sticker at the back of the machine is identical to the sticker inside the
    cab that I photographed. Serial numbers for the boards, transformer, etc
    have the same number on them, cept the power driver board I am changing a
    TIP on it.
    Hologram is taken out, since I am about to replace that dirty ass, scratched
    window. It's in the shop, wrapped in cloth.

    Adi
    www.txpinball.com

    "martin" <martin.reynolds@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > What's the manufacturing date? Should be somewhere. And does it have
    > the hologram, or did you pull it (it is missing in the picture).

    Nope, green boards in the backbox, same serial #s though.

    Adi
    www.txpinball.com

    "Del" <delmail333@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Adi,
    > Are the boards in the backbox Red as well ???
    >
    > I just sold a Whirlwind that had the red light boards under the PF, But
    > I dont believe that made it a Proto ???, Or did it ??
    > I thought a Proto had to have ALL Red boards, Not just light boards ??,
    > Interesting !!
    >
    > Pin-Del,

    I find the digi cam stuff to be like Ford vs Chevy. My father is a
    photographer and I've always used Nikon everything, because that's what has
    been around.

    There are some other nice brands, but I've found every mfg has some good
    quality stuff and some junk - depends on what you're gonna spend :)

    --

    "kirb" <kirbseepe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >Nah, Nikon Cool Pix cameras are the worst
    >
    > pentax optio 5mp- great photos and a super small package. Love mine.
    >
    > Kirb

    I added more pictures: http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/
    The sticker behind the backbox in the back has the same sticker as inside
    the cabinet. The sticker inside the cabinet , besides wrinkles, looks like
    it's peeled and stuck onto some other sticker, no way UI can separate the
    two without major loss. The one in the back is all by itself.

    All light boards underneath the playfield, and some opto boards are red.
    Same serial number on everything including backbox boards, transformer
    etc... No manufacturing date anywhere. The only date I can find, is on a con
    door sticker and it reads July 23, 1992.

    I've never seen the game before without the mfg. date, even the early TZ
    sample I owned had it. Interesting.

    Adi
    www.txpinball.com

    <adi@txpinball.com> wrote in message
    > Pictures taken 10 minutes ago: proto, sample, what?
    > Red boards, red KISS inserts, sticker pictures here:
    > http://www.txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/
    >
    > I am just getting ready to shop the game, have an interested buyer. Was
    > about to sell it for peanuts, then I opened it up. Any help appreciated,
    > proto, sample or what the hell is this game?
    >
    > Adi
    > www.txpinball.com

    Absolutely not a faintest clue in the world why not.

    > PF serial number doesn't match. Any ideas as to why not?

    You're exactly right John, ..
    my favorite has always been Canon, .. I used the Digital Rebel for a long
    time and now I have the EOS-20D which is just an amazing camera. If you go
    read up on www.dpreview.com I imagine that the new Digital Rebel XT is the
    hot camera right now.

    Allen

    "John Wart, jr" <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message
    >I find the digi cam stuff to be like Ford vs Chevy. My father is a
    >photographer and I've always used Nikon everything, because that's what has
    >been around.
    >
    > There are some other nice brands, but I've found every mfg has some good
    > quality stuff and some junk - depends on what you're gonna spend :)
    >
    > --
    > http://www.myhomegameroom.com
    >

    > "kirb" <kirbseepe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> >Nah, Nikon Cool Pix cameras are the worst
    >>
    >> pentax optio 5mp- great photos and a super small package. Love mine.
    >>
    >> Kirb

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:40:40 -0500, "John Wart, jr"
    <johnwartjr@johnwartjr.com> wrote:

    >X in serial # = proto
    >
    >I think we have *2* CFTBL protos on RGP today!

    Interesting that this one appears to be a re-import as well. What a
    day for The Creech!

    John Trudeau got back to me and he confirmed it's a sample. Heck of a nice
    guy, and very helpful. Treasure-Cove has a very nice example too, he posted
    his pictures online. After comparing the right boob on the swimmer girl
    graphic on the playfield with his playfield picture, sure enough, it is
    indeed a different color on my playfield too.

    Adi
    www.txpinball.com

    whew, for a moment there I thought you were on something. looks like
    my vacation pics using a new Digital Elph. thing is so light weight
    that pushing the button in causes it to shake and ruins pictures.

    stevebo

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:42:27 GMT, <adi@txpinball.com> wrote:

    >The camera is fine, it' the top of the line Nikon CoolPix. My shaky hand and
    >rush in and out of the shop is entirely different thing. You're telling me
    >you cannot see the numbers on the sticker?
    >Try this picture: http://txpinball.com/images/cftbl_mystery/Img1966.JPG
    >
    >Oh, by the way, did you get your hardware yet?
    >
    >Best regards,
    >Adi
    >www.txpinball.com
    >

    >"Koz Pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> might be time for a new camera ;-)
    >>
    >> take some clear pics of it and we could probably help you out a little
    >> better :-)
    >>
    >> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

    Great camera but you have to use it correctly:

    Elbows tucked into your body to steady it

    View through the viewfinder--not the lcd screen

    Don't use the zoom--move your feet

    Low light will slow shutter speed--hard to get a clear pic(use a tripod)

    Squeeze the shutter button--no yipping allowed.

    The way NOT to use it:

    Extend your arms, plant your feet, full zoom, view through the lcd, and yip
    on the button

    Otto

    CARGPB11

    "Steve C" <steve@stevechannel.com> wrote in message
    > whew, for a moment there I thought you were on something. looks like
    > my vacation pics using a new Digital Elph. thing is so light weight
    > that pushing the button in causes it to shake and ruins pictures.

    I think most of my problem was caused by too many pints of English
    beer. mostly that Pig's Ear and Old Peculiar stuff I was drinking.
    yikes.

    stevebo

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:25:24 -0400, "Otto"
    <ottondebremove&%$*@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    >Great camera but you have to use it correctly:
    >

    >Elbows tucked into your body to steady it
    >
    >View through the viewfinder--not the lcd screen
    >
    >Don't use the zoom--move your feet
    >
    >Low light will slow shutter speed--hard to get a clear pic(use a tripod)
    >
    >Squeeze the shutter button--no yipping allowed.
    >

    >The way NOT to use it:
    >
    >Extend your arms, plant your feet, full zoom, view through the lcd, and yip
    >on the button
    >
    >Otto
    >
    >CARGPB11
    >
    >My web page: http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-Ottoslanding
    >
    >"Steve C" <steve@stevechannel.com> wrote in message
    >> whew, for a moment there I thought you were on something. looks like
    >> my vacation pics using a new Digital Elph. thing is so light weight
    >> that pushing the button in causes it to shake and ruins pictures.

Games Video Games