Almost all my Windows XP errors are endemic to Windows XP ..

September 19, 2005 2:43:30 AM

In the Event Viewer | System I have a LSASRV Warning Category SPNEGO
(Negotiator) Event 40961 and this is its Description:

The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server
DNS/prisoner.iana.org. No authentication protocol was available.

My DNS Server for this Windows XP SP2 client is my Doamin Server. None
other. What is this and how do I fix it? Thanks.

--
George Hester
_________________________________

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote:

>In the Event Viewer | System I have a LSASRV Warning Category SPNEGO
>(Negotiator) Event 40961 and this is its Description:
>
>The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server
>DNS/prisoner.iana.org. No authentication protocol was available.
>
>My DNS Server for this Windows XP SP2 client is my Doamin Server. None
>other. What is this and how do I fix it? Thanks.

You have something on your network that is not configured correctly.

See http://seclists.org/lists/incidents/2002/Sep/0058.html for a
discussion of this error.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 2:43:31 AM

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In the Event Viewer | System I have a LSASRV Warning Category SPNEGO
> (Negotiator) Event 40961 and this is its Description:
>
> The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the
> server
> DNS/prisoner.iana.org. No authentication protocol was available.
>
> My DNS Server for this Windows XP SP2 client is my Doamin Server. None
> other. What is this and how do I fix it? Thanks.

This usually means your DNS server is misconfigured and does not have a
reverse lookup zone. prisoner.iana.org is a blackhole server to stop
requests for private IP lookups from bouncing all around the Internet.

Kerry
September 19, 2005 3:18:53 AM

How many systems do you have George? I know that you already said you have Windows 2000. You are posting always with IE\OE 5.50.4927.1200 as is here the case. Now that is another system. Now you are also saying that you have Widows XP SP2. Hopefully you are not leading up to your usual answer by dissecting\posting a KB or a fix and trolling..

--
Peter

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uI2FsPMvFHA.3080@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> In the Event Viewer | System I have a LSASRV Warning Category SPNEGO
> (Negotiator) Event 40961 and this is its Description:
>
> The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server
> DNS/prisoner.iana.org. No authentication protocol was available.
>
> My DNS Server for this Windows XP SP2 client is my Doamin Server. None
> other. What is this and how do I fix it? Thanks.
>
> --
> George Hester
> _________________________________

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 5:39:51 AM

Right it doesn't have a reverse look up zone because that was not required
or explained in the Knowledge base article for setting up the DNS in Windows
2000. Here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317590

Nor was it said in the Windows 2000 DNS newsgroup.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300202

If you read these article you will find a Reverse look up zone is not
necessary. Now you say it is with a Windows XP client.. If so how should I
do it? There are no sub domains. Just the one.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In the Event Viewer | System I have a LSASRV Warning Category SPNEGO
> > (Negotiator) Event 40961 and this is its Description:
> >
> > The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the
> > server
> > DNS/prisoner.iana.org. No authentication protocol was available.
> >
> > My DNS Server for this Windows XP SP2 client is my Doamin Server. None
> > other. What is this and how do I fix it? Thanks.
> >

> This usually means your DNS server is misconfigured and does not have a
> reverse lookup zone. prisoner.iana.org is a blackhole server to stop
> requests for private IP lookups from bouncing all around the Internet.
>
> Kerry

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 5:58:58 AM

Peter you are the troll. And furthermore you know squat. Have you ever
helped anyone? What difference does it make what system I post my messages
from? But to the all-knowing Peter I guess it does. Fool!

--
George Hester
_________________________________

How many systems do you have George? I know that you already said you have
Windows 2000. You are posting always with IE\OE 5.50.4927.1200 as is here
the case. Now that is another system. Now you are also saying that you have
Widows XP SP2. Hopefully you are not leading up to your usual answer by
dissecting\posting a KB or a fix and trolling..

--
Peter

September 20, 2005 9:22:53 AM

LOL. Just proves my point

--
Peter

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uRvF6WavFHA.3152@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Right it doesn't have a reverse look up zone because that was not required
> or explained in the Knowledge base article for setting up the DNS in Windows
> 2000. Here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317590
>
> Nor was it said in the Windows 2000 DNS newsgroup.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300202
>
> If you read these article you will find a Reverse look up zone is not
> necessary. Now you say it is with a Windows XP client.. If so how should I
> do it? There are no sub domains. Just the one.
>
> --
> George Hester
> _________________________________
>> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > In the Event Viewer | System I have a LSASRV Warning Category SPNEGO
>> > (Negotiator) Event 40961 and this is its Description:
>> >
>> > The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the
>> > server
>> > DNS/prisoner.iana.org. No authentication protocol was available.
>> >
>> > My DNS Server for this Windows XP SP2 client is my Doamin Server. None
>> > other. What is this and how do I fix it? Thanks.
>> >

>> This usually means your DNS server is misconfigured and does not have a
>> reverse lookup zone. prisoner.iana.org is a blackhole server to stop
>> requests for private IP lookups from bouncing all around the Internet.
>>
>> Kerry

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 11:35:21 AM

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Right it doesn't have a reverse look up zone because that was not required
> or explained in the Knowledge base article for setting up the DNS in
> Windows
> 2000. Here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317590
>
> Nor was it said in the Windows 2000 DNS newsgroup.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300202
>
> If you read these article you will find a Reverse look up zone is not
> necessary. Now you say it is with a Windows XP client.. If so how should
> do it? There are no sub domains. Just the one.

Google is your friend. All these links came from the first page of a google
search. You cannot learn about Windows just by reading keyboard articles. If
you want to learn about setting up networks and domains I suggest buying
some of the course materials for the MCSE courses. A reverse zone is not
necessary for your network to work. Reverse zones can however make your
network work more efficiently and is the neighbourly thing to do if you are
connected to the Internet. The last link, although about Linux, has some
good info on why reverse DNS is needed.

http://www.petri.co.il/install_and_configure_w2k_dns_se...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300202&sd=tech

http://www.tech-faq.com/reverse-dns.shtml

Kerry
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 4:38:06 PM

> "George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Right it doesn't have a reverse look up zone because that was not
>> required
>> or explained in the Knowledge base article for setting up the DNS in
>> Windows
>> 2000. Here:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317590
>>
>> Nor was it said in the Windows 2000 DNS newsgroup.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300202
>>
>> If you read these article you will find a Reverse look up zone is not
>> necessary. Now you say it is with a Windows XP client.. If so how
>> should I
>> do it? There are no sub domains. Just the one.
>>

> Google is your friend. All these links came from the first page of a
> google search. You cannot learn about Windows just by reading keyboard
> articles. If you want to learn about setting up networks and domains I
> suggest buying some of the course materials for the MCSE courses. A
> reverse zone is not necessary for your network to work. Reverse zones can
> however make your network work more efficiently and is the neighbourly
> thing to do if you are connected to the Internet. The last link, although
> about Linux, has some good info on why reverse DNS is needed.
>
> http://www.petri.co.il/install_and_configure_w2k_dns_se...
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300202&sd=tech
>
> http://www.tech-faq.com/reverse-dns.shtml
>

> Kerry

Just re-read my post. Keyboard articles should be Knowledge Base articles.
Keyboard came from a friend's bad joke that the KB articles sometimes make
you want to smash your keyboard. I've got into the habit of calling them
keyboard articles to bug him :-)

Kerry
!