Who has played the new NASCAR?

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

What do you think? Does it have lasting power? I have always wanted a
NIB game. I'm wondering if this is it? I know it's like a car, as soon
as you drive off the lot your out $1,000 but can't help wanteting my
first new car!

It is ok. Trying to hit shots on the fly results in airballs nailing
the habitrail. We had to change the flipper rubbers to black to fix
that problem. And EB's in the TOPPS mode is very curious. Sound bytes
are very "Intellivoice" sounding. Should earn well, not very drainy,
nice artwork.

alex

Very fun game. Very fast too, well maybe thats because I was playing
the ones at PAPA. :) Other than the auto launch bug I didn't find
anything else wrong with the game. The orbits feel really nice when you
hit them... I also like the fact that you have to hit those drop
targets to get the extra ball. I thought a Lawlor pin without a 3rd
flipper would be a turd but it turned out to be a really nice game (and
I don't like Nascar at all). The test car looks to be a weak point
since its a scoop that isnt mounted to the playfield directly, sounds
like it takes a beating. I know one of the machines at PAPA was having
a problem with the car going up. Hopefully that won't be a problem on
route machines.

It has that god awful, Sammy hagar wannabee screaming "I cant
drive 55" not sure wich chipmunk they got "alvin" simon or theodore.
I love a game where the airballs hit the habitrails and drain, I like

getting screwed by the autoplunger, I love the way you have to
wait for the ball to perform 3 revolutions on the "track" before even
getting to
touch it. It was cool the first time, but every time is a bummer.
maybe
adapt some type of "hold the left flipper button on launch to bypass
boring racetrack?
seems that the constant grinding of metal to metal, will defiitely
dirty the playfield in a hurry,
l8r
UFO

Me. It's a blast. I'd play it again, and have. LTG :)

"Max" <doug@pattoncentral.com> wrote in message
> What do you think? Does it have lasting power? I have always wanted a
> NIB game. I'm wondering if this is it? I know it's like a car, as soon
> as you drive off the lot your out $1,000 but can't help wanteting my
> first new car!

I got the chance to play a handful of games at Marty's in Ocean City, MD.
(It's arrival must have displaced RBION, which was there last year.)

Although not a racing fan at all, I enjoyed this game. The layout and shots
kept things interesting. I think it has a good deal of "staying power" in
that I wanted to back and play more afterwards.

I was really glad to play a game on location where just about everything
worked well. I even got my initials up there. (The right-hand spinner was
horizontal a number of times, but it did correct itself.) I know, I know:
The game is brand new -- what should I expect?

I know there were lots of later stages I didn't get to, but those I did get
through were fun.

The track is the big initial attraction. I didn't find that it added delay
to the gameplay. When the Ball Save kicked in, the ball only went around 1
time. Multiball was fun, with a ball racing repeatedly around the track and
eventually joining in on the action.

I'm seriously considering adding this game to my collection.

Steve Trischetta
--
Current: M-M, C-C, TS-PP, Lot-R, M-B, S-S, S-C, I-J, CFT-BL, ST-TNG, T-Z,
White-Water, Sha-dow, F-H, C-V, N-GG, J-Y, New-York (EM)

and looking forward