Not open for further replies.

giants84

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
1_What is your budget? Unlimited

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17+ inches

3_What screen resolution
do you want? 1920 X 1080

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable but i doubt there really is a high end gaming laptop that is not heavy

5_How much battery life do you need? I guess at least an hour

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Must run any game on high settings.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Movies

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 1 TB+

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. http://www.pctorque.com/sager-8760-gaming-computers.php http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220737

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 3 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Must have a Blu-ray burner

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Clevo/sager, ASUS

13_What country do you live in? USA

Here is the problem, i am leaving on a long vacation next weekend and i must be able to get the laptop by Saturday, so pretty much so far the only companies i found that can get a laptop to me by then is Clevo/ASUS i heard good things about both and not really sure what to do, also i don't know which processor or graphics card will let me play games on high without a problem. Normally i buy my desktops from falcon-nw but their wait time for a laptop is not going to work for me.

giants84

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Thank you Maziar but i cant get the Alienware because i need the computer to be here by this saturday, or i wont be able to take delivery of it because i am going to be on vacation and i need one before i leave. Thanks.

giants84

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Thanks again Maziar appreciate it, do you think the SSD are worth it? By the way i forgot to mention that i heard this laptop speakers are not so great that is a bad thing for gaming. Any idea at all if that is true?

Don't know about the wireless internet card but as for mouse,i have logitech G9 and i strongly recommend it.(I think now you can find G9x easier and with the same price).As for other brands,Razer is pretty good too.

Well,i don't know much about that,but the cooling of the laptop itself is quite good and among the best
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=5549&p=2
"Heat and Noise
During heavy gameplay the internal cooling system kept surface temperatures at reasonable levels. We didn't put much stress on the lower side of the notebook given its weight, as it would probably crush your levels if you used it as a laptop. If your legs felt up to the task we found the bottom of the notebook to warm up considerably during game play. We feel most of this was cause by the restriction of airflow since your legs end up covering one or more of the air intakes. The palmrest while gaming stayed right around 80 degrees Fahrenheit, with the ASDWX section of the keyboard getting close to 90 degrees Fahrenheit."

Exzess

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

^This is what you call bad advice.

If your investing over 2K in a laptop that's going to generate a lot of heat in a small space, then an extra $50 for a laptop cooler that will prolong its lifetime and prevent it from overheating would be a good idea. The laptop you ordered has some serious hardware that's going to get hot under gaming loads that no stock cooler can properly handle whether it's elevated or not.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
@exzess
I'm not saying that he shouldn't get one. I'm saying that he doesn't really need to be spending a lot of money for a cooler. That $50 zalman he's looking at probably performs the same as a cheaper $30 one. Also being such a large laptop it will be hard to find one that is large enough to fit the whole laptop on it.

For your laptop cooler just don't get anything that is really expensive unless it is really that much better, which in most cases it isn't. Stay right around $30-40 and you'll find something that will do the job. Just make sure that it doesn't block any of the fans already on your laptop.

Exzess

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
I see what you're saying, but that Zalman he linked is definitely the best for his laptop. Spending an extra $10-20 for a premium cooler is worth it IMO, seeing as he spent quite a bit for that laptop. Most of the cheaper coolers are cheap for a reason (low quality or sucking air away from the bottom of the laptop).

The NC-1000 & NC-2000 have the best reviews all across the board for North America as well. I have the NC-1000 so trust me you won't be disappoined with it's bigger brother, the NC-2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.