overclock xp 2100 in kudoz 7E

piskeante

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
hello, I just want to know if there is a posibility to overclock my xp 2100 in kudoz 7E by changing the multiplier jumper manually. in the motherboards manual it says that 12.5 multiplier can be set manually..according to the motherboard´s manual,but indeed, my xp 2100 works at 133x13 which is more than the multiplier that can be set manually.so i need some help to configure that jumper multiplier manually.i know that many xp processors have the bus ratio locked but..i just want to take a ride..in case my processor can be overclocked.thanks a lot!!!!!

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
what Wuzy said

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
<A HREF="http://www.subhi.com/keyboard.jpg" target="_new">This is you, interweb junky</A>

piskeante

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
yeahh you were right, its a palomino.but the cuestion is that i want to set the jumper multiplier setting manual to set it to 2200 which you say is the limit for that design.i do not like to overclock by fsb because is risky.indeed, by changing to 140fsb if seen that in windows xp at 1860, which the mobo does not recognise the model because i suppose that my mobo is not prepared to run more than a 2200.so setting at 140x13 is stable in windows nor in games,i can not even run them,they get freezeeeeeeed.and at 138x13, is 100% stable.57 degrees is what i´ve seen the biggest temperature reached.any comment my friend....????shall i do anything else???

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Your bios can not identify a cpu running at 138 Mhz FSB, because there is no such (official) model. its completely normal to get weird bios namings when you overclock.

Also, it doesnt matter if you try to overclock through fsb of multiplier, your palomino just won' go much higher than 1.8 GHz, and that is the end of it. Either live with it, or buy a different cpu.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =