Hi my computer 2.4GH XP Pro was working alright. Then i changed the drive
letter of my active partition before it was D: and i changed it to C:.
After then when i reboot my computer it shows BLACK screen of Windows XP
Pro, then it shows blue WELCOME screen of Microsoft Windows. And looks like
it will now reach to my Desktop any time.
But it never reach to my Desktop and stay there at blue Welcome screen
forever.
what could be wrong? I tried to reboot in safe Mode and same thing.

Just changing the drive letter is just not enough. XP has other settings
which all point to the original drive D: for the configurations and Desktop.
You may have to re-install XP in order to fix this. A repair reinstall may
work.

"Jatinder" <Jatinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi my computer 2.4GH XP Pro was working alright. Then i changed the drive
> letter of my active partition before it was D: and i changed it to C:.
> After then when i reboot my computer it shows BLACK screen of Windows XP
> Pro, then it shows blue WELCOME screen of Microsoft Windows. And looks
> like
> it will now reach to my Desktop any time.
> But it never reach to my Desktop and stay there at blue Welcome screen
> forever.
> what could be wrong? I tried to reboot in safe Mode and same thing.

Change it back(you cut the operating system off at the knees!)

How to restore the system/boot drive letter in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223188

Jatinder wrote:

> Hi my computer 2.4GH XP Pro was working alright. Then i changed the drive
> letter of my active partition before it was D: and i changed it to C:.
> After then when i reboot my computer it shows BLACK screen of Windows XP
> Pro, then it shows blue WELCOME screen of Microsoft Windows. And looks like
> it will now reach to my Desktop any time.
> But it never reach to my Desktop and stay there at blue Welcome screen
> forever.
> what could be wrong? I tried to reboot in safe Mode and same thing.

I 've also installed Windows 2003 on my computer with xp. I can boot my
windows 2003 OS. Through that i can see my xp partition and it is still the
D: drive. when i changed the letter D: to C: using Acronics software it asked
reboot to make these changes, but i could never able to boot again in to XP.
But i can boot in my Windows 2003 and i can see my XP partition is still D:
So why it is not rebooting my system. It didn't change my drive letter.