Best cleaning products for LCD screens?

Hello, I was curious what cleaning products you fellows use on your LCD screens? Mine is a 25.5" lcd gaming monitor, and everything I have tried so far (electronic cleaning wipes I got at the store and lens cleaner) has left streaks. This is particularly annoying in dark portions of my games. What can I use to make my screen look sparkling new?

Thanks!

PS- If you can link to a product on Amazon that would be great. I tried looking for one myself, but there are so many options I did not know what to pick. >_>
7 answers Last reply
More about best cleaning products screens
  1. Personally i mix distilled water and 99% isoprophyl alcohol in a spray bottle.
    Btw manufacturers wipe down screens with isoprophyl alcohol before they are packaged and shipped.
  2. davcon said:
    Personally i mix distilled water and 99% isoprophyl alcohol in a spray bottle.
    Btw manufacturers wipe down screens with isoprophyl alcohol before they are packaged and shipped.

Great, what proportions of volumes do you use?
  3. Bump.
  4. kerryking said:
    Great, what proportions of volumes do you use?

You don't need much if you use a spray bottle.
    Half or 2/3rds alcohol and the rest distilled water.
    Distilled water doesn't leave spots.
  5. I just use distilled water and a microfiber cloth.

I don't buy distilled water, I just boil water, then swipe the cloth on the pot's cover where the steam condenses back to water, then use it to wipe my screens.
  6. you can use acetone too, but the good quality one,

i being a pharmacist, i know for a face that sometimes ipa is hard to find where i live, but again the acetone is easy and no-one will give u pure ipa or acetone

so you can mix both (distilled/boiled + filter through a filter paper = almost distilled water) and ipa/acetone

mix with 3/4 ipa/acetone and 1/4 water
  7. Yea, I got some Dynex anti-static screen wipes a few weeks back, but returned them because of the horrible streaking and lint left behind...

Is there ANY streaking with the distilled water + isopropyl? Also, do standard household water distillers get the water pure enough for use, or must it be obtained some other way? I am wantign to get a spray-bottle to sit on my desk, so don't want to deal with the boiling suggestion.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors LCD Products Peripherals