I noticed recently that my computer is duplicating my document folders. For
example, I have a folder with mynamemy documents and a duplicate location of
my documents containing the same folders. When I delete a file in either
location it deletes from both locations. Is this normal? Why is my computer
making duplicate folders in two separate locations?

If you're talking about viewing your files within explorer, where it lists
Desktop, My Documents, My Computer, etc., the 'My Documents' folder is just
a sort of shortcut (for convenience) to the actually more deeply nested true
'My Documents' folder.

"tjs one" <tjs one@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I noticed recently that my computer is duplicating my document folders. For
> example, I have a folder with mynamemy documents and a duplicate location
> of
> my documents containing the same folders. When I delete a file in either
> location it deletes from both locations. Is this normal? Why is my
> computer
> making duplicate folders in two separate locations?

pops

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

"Code-Curious Mom" <none@NG.invalid> wrote in message
: If you're talking about viewing your files within explorer,
where it lists
: Desktop, My Documents, My Computer, etc., the 'My Documents'
folder is just
: a sort of shortcut (for convenience) to the actually more
deeply nested true
: 'My Documents' folder.

Right. And may I add, nothing is duplicated. My Documents and a
few other folders are specials so you don't have to go drilling
down through several levels of folders to get to it. Desktop is
another one similar to that.
Also, each user has a "my documents" folder so you'll see even
more of them if you have other users.

: