Hide file/folder on NTFS

Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no
permision on them?
Doru
7 answers Last reply
More about hide file folder ntfs

    "Doru Constantin" <doru.constantin@mails.ro> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no
    > permision on them?
    > Doru

    You can't actually /hide/ the files or folders AFAIK but you can deny a
    particular user access.

    Hey, Constantin!
    Just right click on file/folder> than choose "properties">hidden(or if
    it's folder - make it private in Sharing, also you may craete password
    to access this folder).
    Did you try this way?

    --
    Jucy

    Folder Shield
    http://www.baxbex.com/products.html

    This may or may not be what you need.

    > Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no permision
    > on them?
    > Doru

    if you have w2k3 SP1, then look here
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04A563D9-78D9-4342-A485-B030AC442084&displaylang=en

    Mak wrote:
    > if you have w2k3 SP1, then look here
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04A563D9-78D9-4342-A485-B030AC442084&displaylang=en
    >
    > "Doru Constantin" <doru.constantin@mails.ro> wrote in message
    >> Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no permision
    >> on them?
    >> Doru

    .... well, I have only windows xp with sp2.
    BTW, that's what I'm looking for.
    It make no sense the fact that I can see o file/folder on wich I haven't
    any permision. ?!?!

    Than you.

    Ps. I wonder if the new *WinFS* will provide this on XP systems.

    If they have win2003, then they are asking in the wrong place.
    Luckily for them, they are asking about XP, huh?

    Doru Constantin wrote:

    > Mak wrote:
    >
    >> if you have w2k3 SP1, then look here
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04A563D9-78D9-4342-A485-B030AC442084&displaylang=en
    >>

    >> "Doru Constantin" <doru.constantin@mails.ro> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no
    >>> permision on them?
    >>> Doru
    >>

    > ... well, I have only windows xp with sp2.
    > BTW, that's what I'm looking for.
    > It make no sense the fact that I can see o file/folder on wich I haven't
    > any permision. ?!?!
    >
    > Than you.
    >
    > Ps. I wonder if the new *WinFS* will provide this on XP systems.

    Not likely

NTFS Microsoft Windows XP