Hide file/folder on NTFS

September 19, 2005 4:28:16 PM

Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no
permision on them?
Doru

More about : hide file folder ntfs

September 19, 2005 4:28:17 PM

"Doru Constantin" <doru.constantin@mails.ro> wrote in message
> Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no
> permision on them?
> Doru

You can't actually /hide/ the files or folders AFAIK but you can deny a
particular user access.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 4:28:17 PM

Hey, Constantin!
Just right click on file/folder> than choose "properties">hidden(or if
it's folder - make it private in Sharing, also you may craete password
to access this folder).
Did you try this way?

--
Jucy
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Folder Shield
http://www.baxbex.com/products.html

This may or may not be what you need.

> Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no permision
> on them?
> Doru
September 20, 2005 1:45:17 AM

if you have w2k3 SP1, then look here

"Doru Constantin" <doru.constantin@mails.ro> wrote in message
> Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no permision
> on them?
> Doru
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 1:45:18 AM

Mak wrote:
> if you have w2k3 SP1, then look here
>
> "Doru Constantin" <doru.constantin@mails.ro> wrote in message
>> Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no permision
>> on them?
>> Doru

.... well, I have only windows xp with sp2.
BTW, that's what I'm looking for.
It make no sense the fact that I can see o file/folder on wich I haven't
any permision. ?!?!

Than you.

Ps. I wonder if the new *WinFS* will provide this on XP systems.
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 1:45:18 AM

If they have win2003, then they are asking in the wrong place.
Luckily for them, they are asking about XP, huh?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:45:17 +1000, "Mak" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>if you have w2k3 SP1, then look here
>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
>
>"Doru Constantin" <doru.constantin@mails.ro> wrote in message
>> Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no permision
>> on them?
>> Doru

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 1:45:19 AM

Doru Constantin wrote:

> Mak wrote:
>
>> if you have w2k3 SP1, then look here
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
>>

>> "Doru Constantin" <doru.constantin@mails.ro> wrote in message
>>
>>> Is there any way to hide the files/folders to users who have no
>>> permision on them?
>>> Doru
>>

> ... well, I have only windows xp with sp2.
> BTW, that's what I'm looking for.
> It make no sense the fact that I can see o file/folder on wich I haven't
> any permision. ?!?!
>
> Than you.
>
> Ps. I wonder if the new *WinFS* will provide this on XP systems.

Not likely
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/354808...
!