I have a sony laptop which does not allow me to type anything as it runs away
with little dots which I constantly have to keep deleting. When I turn my LT
on it says key 29 stuck and I have to press F1 to resume. I dont know which
is key 29 on my LT or how to fix this problem. Can anyone help please

On Monday 19 September 2005 03:48 am, Carolann377````````````````` had this
to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> I have a sony laptop which does not allow me to type anything as it runs
> away with little dots which I constantly have to keep deleting. When I
> turn my LT on it says key 29 stuck and I have to press F1 to resume. I
> dont know which is key 29 on my LT or how to fix this problem. Can anyone
> help please

Do a google search including your Sony model and the words keycode and 29.
This might bring results in terms of what key it is referring to.

--
Now this is Eye-Candy! Most beautiful desktop in the world.
Checkout ELive - a live Linux CD - run E17

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:17:02 GMT in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, -rwxrw-r-- favored us with...
> On Monday 19 September 2005 03:48 am, Carolann377````````````````` had this
> to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>
> > I have a sony laptop which does not allow me to type anything as it runs
> > away with little dots which I constantly have to keep deleting. When I
> > turn my LT on it says key 29 stuck and I have to press F1 to resume. I
> > dont know which is key 29 on my LT or how to fix this problem. Can anyone
> > help please
>
> Do a google search including your Sony model and the words keycode and 29.
> This might bring results in terms of what key it is referring to.

I tried tapping keys, and scan code (hex) 29 appears to belong to
the grave accent/tilde key, ~ `. 29 (decimal) is the left control
key.

The OP might try _gently_ prying up on either of those, if it's a
mechanical problem.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"To put it bluntly but fairly, anyone today who doubts that the
variety of life on this planet was produced by a process of
evolution is simply ignorant -- inexcusably ignorant, in a world
where three out of four people have learned to read and write."
--Daniel Dennett, /Darwin's Dangerous Idea/ (1995), page 46

Stan Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:17:02 GMT in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, -rwxrw-r-- favored us with...
>
>>On Monday 19 September 2005 03:48 am, Carolann377````````````````` had this
>>to say in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:
>>

>>>I have a sony laptop which does not allow me to type anything as it runs
>>>away with little dots which I constantly have to keep deleting. When I
>>>turn my LT on it says key 29 stuck and I have to press F1 to resume. I
>>>dont know which is key 29 on my LT or how to fix this problem. Can anyone
>>>help please
>>
>>Do a google search including your Sony model and the words keycode and 29.
>>This might bring results in terms of what key it is referring to.
>

> I tried tapping keys, and scan code (hex) 29 appears to belong to
> the grave accent/tilde key, ~ `.

That makes sense.

Look at her posting name: "Carolann377`````````````````"

"Carolann377`````````````````" <Carolann377@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:6EFC3A97-5A14-4B18-BC32-126A5AC09D6A@microsoft.com...
> I have a sony laptop which does not allow me to type anything as it runs
away
> with little dots which I constantly have to keep deleting. When I turn my
LT
> on it says key 29 stuck and I have to press F1 to resume. I dont know
which
> is key 29 on my LT or how to fix this problem. Can anyone help please

You need to determine if this is a hardware problem
or not. Boot the machine with a Win98 boot diskette
from www.bootdisk.com. If the problem persists then
it's a hardware problem - have it fixed by a Sony
repair centre. If the problem disappears then it's
probably a Windows problem.

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 22:44:27 +1000, "Pegasus \(MVP\)" <I.can@fly.com>
wrote:

>"Carolann377`````````````````" <Carolann377@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>in message news:6EFC3A97-5A14-4B18-BC32-126A5AC09D6A@microsoft.com...
>> I have a sony laptop which does not allow me to type anything as it runs
>away
>> with little dots which I constantly have to keep deleting. When I turn my
>LT
>> on it says key 29 stuck and I have to press F1 to resume. I dont know
>which
>> is key 29 on my LT or how to fix this problem. Can anyone help please
>
>You need to determine if this is a hardware problem
>or not. Boot the machine with a Win98 boot diskette
>from www.bootdisk.com. If the problem persists then
>it's a hardware problem - have it fixed by a Sony
>repair centre. If the problem disappears then it's
>probably a Windows problem.

Its obviously a hardware problem. The laptop's BIOS is telling the OP
that key 29 is stuck when it tries to boot and asks them to press F1
to resume. Windows isn't even loaded at this time. How in the heck
could it be a Windows problem??? Geez...read the post before you
reply.

To the original poster...contact Sony tech support and ask them which
key it is that is causing the problem. Since it is a laptop, it will
probably require repair by Sony to get it fixed. A stuck key on a
laptop is not as easy to unstick as a standard keyboard.