• CPUs
  • Cooling
  • Heatsinks
  • Fan
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
May 31, 2004 10:03:09 AM

Hi

I've just ordered one of these CPUs but have suddenly realised that i may need to buy a heatsink and fan. I've ordered the retail version but was wondering whether a heatsink and/or fan is included with it or if i should invest a little more in a good one seperately.

Any advice?

More about : amd64 cooling issue

May 31, 2004 10:09:36 AM

If it's Box version(I believe it's the same with retail) it has it. If it's a tray version, you better check AMD's site for a recommended HSF.
May 31, 2004 10:20:31 AM

IF by "retail" you mean the boxed version, then indeed it comes with a cooler. Those coolers are rather decent as well, certainly good enough if you don't intend to do any hardcore overclocking. WHy don't you try it before ordering a new one?

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
Related resources
May 31, 2004 10:25:10 AM

Thanks for the quick replies

I wasn't planning on overclocking it, at least just yet. Haven't really read much about overclocking so i will do a bit more research on it before ricking damaging a CPU like this. Cost me too uch for that kinda risk

Anyway, the heatsink i was thinking of getting was the one at the top of this page http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue...
May 31, 2004 1:55:57 PM

What I want to know is, HOW CAN YOU AFFORD THAT THING!!!!!
May 31, 2004 2:18:40 PM

Some people do have money, you know! If there were 0 market for these things then they might not exist...but there is a very slight market (therefore they do exist and can be purchased).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
May 31, 2004 3:09:50 PM

Even if there was a 0% market we would still see them.
Those CPU are like a showcase...But in the end some ppl(rich enough) buy them so its all good =).
Altough I dont think I would buy one even if I was rich enough and had some money to burn. Since its not the case I cant say for sure tough hehe

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-3-3-8, Leadtek FX5900@450/875, 2X30gig Raid0
May 31, 2004 3:59:57 PM

I just got myself a new job, plus i tend not to go out that much. Spend most of my time staying in playing my guitar or doing 3d graphics, or chatting to a friend.

That actually sounds eally bad hehe
June 1, 2004 3:38:52 PM

lmao "a friend" / wall?

Not the Official Sicko of THG.
June 2, 2004 1:28:33 AM

Precisely why u need a shoddy comp-> it'll make ya go out:)  Anyway, back to playing with the hair on my nipples...

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply
June 2, 2004 2:26:11 AM

With the price of the 3800s, the fxs dont look nearly so bad.
!