AMD64 FX-53 Cooling issue

Hi

I've just ordered one of these CPUs but have suddenly realised that i may need to buy a heatsink and fan. I've ordered the retail version but was wondering whether a heatsink and/or fan is included with it or if i should invest a little more in a good one seperately.

Any advice?
10 answers Last reply
More about amd64 cooling issue
  1. If it's Box version(I believe it's the same with retail) it has it. If it's a tray version, you better check AMD's site for a recommended HSF.
  2. IF by "retail" you mean the boxed version, then indeed it comes with a cooler. Those coolers are rather decent as well, certainly good enough if you don't intend to do any hardcore overclocking. WHy don't you try it before ordering a new one?

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
  3. Thanks for the quick replies

I wasn't planning on overclocking it, at least just yet. Haven't really read much about overclocking so i will do a bit more research on it before ricking damaging a CPU like this. Cost me too uch for that kinda risk

Anyway, the heatsink i was thinking of getting was the one at the top of this page http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Coolermaster_122.html
  4. What I want to know is, HOW CAN YOU AFFORD THAT THING!!!!!
  5. Some people do have money, you know! If there were 0 market for these things then they might not exist...but there is a very slight market (therefore they do exist and can be purchased).

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.
  6. Even if there was a 0% market we would still see them.
    Those CPU are like a showcase...But in the end some ppl(rich enough) buy them so its all good =).
    Altough I dont think I would buy one even if I was rich enough and had some money to burn. Since its not the case I cant say for sure tough hehe

Asus P4P800DX, P4C 2.6ghz@3.25ghz, 2X512 OCZ PC4000 3-3-3-8, Leadtek FX5900@450/875, 2X30gig Raid0
  7. I just got myself a new job, plus i tend not to go out that much. Spend most of my time staying in playing my guitar or doing 3d graphics, or chatting to a friend.

That actually sounds eally bad hehe
  8. lmao "a friend" / wall?

Not the Official Sicko of THG.
  9. Precisely why u need a shoddy comp-> it'll make ya go out:) Anyway, back to playing with the hair on my nipples...

SEX is like math. Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and hope you dont multiply
  10. With the price of the 3800s, the fxs dont look nearly so bad.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Heatsinks Fan Product