  • Wireless
  • Configuration
  • Windows XP
September 19, 2005 10:58:02 AM

I have a couple laptops in our environment where the Wireless Zero
Configuration service does not start at bootup even though the service is set
to Automatic. Once the service is started I can set the wireless to 'Allow
Windows to configure wireless...' but again after a reboot the service is
stopped and I have to start it and then check the box again in order to use
the wireless card.

I found similar issues on this board but none with solutions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Laura

More about : wireless configuration service

September 19, 2005 6:06:45 PM

Some laptops have a proprietary wireless configuration program that turns
off the windows one. You might have to uninstall these programs before the
windows one will stick.
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

"laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a couple laptops in our environment where the Wireless Zero
> Configuration service does not start at bootup even though the service is
> set
> to Automatic. Once the service is started I can set the wireless to
> 'Allow
> Windows to configure wireless...' but again after a reboot the service is
> stopped and I have to start it and then check the box again in order to
> use
> the wireless card.
>
> I found similar issues on this board but none with solutions.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Laura
September 19, 2005 6:06:46 PM

I'm not sure where I would find something like this out. Both laptops have
new, clean builds on them with none of the junk software they came with.
Only windows based drivers or drivers from manufacturers.

Any other ideas?

Laura

!