peterm

I'm wondering if I can change some setting. Lately my screen is not
refreshing, and I'm left with something hanging around in the middle of my
screen. F5 and the refresh command is not clearing it up. I'm using Win XP
Home with all updates, and constant checking for viruses and usage of
Ad-Aware and Spybot and ZoneAlarm, without any findings of intrusions, or
spyware hanging around. BTW, is there a better program then the ones I
mentioned?.............Peter

Video card problem?

PeterM wrote:

> I'm wondering if I can change some setting. Lately my screen is not
> refreshing, and I'm left with something hanging around in the middle of
> my screen. F5 and the refresh command is not clearing it up. I'm using
> Win XP Home with all updates, and constant checking for viruses and
> usage of Ad-Aware and Spybot and ZoneAlarm, without any findings of
> intrusions, or spyware hanging around. BTW, is there a better program
> then the ones I mentioned?.............Peter

peterm

Thanks Bob, I'm thinking that myself. My mobo has the video card on
board..............
Do I disable that one and get one to put in? Any suggestions are appreciated
............Peter

> Video card problem?
>
> PeterM wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if I can change some setting. Lately my screen is not
>> refreshing, and I'm left with something hanging around in the middle of
>> my screen. F5 and the refresh command is not clearing it up. I'm using
>> Win XP Home with all updates, and constant checking for viruses and usage
>> of Ad-Aware and Spybot and ZoneAlarm, without any findings of intrusions,
>> or spyware hanging around. BTW, is there a better program then the ones I
>> mentioned?.............Peter

Yes, look to see if you have an AGP slot or only PCI slots on the
motherboard. Then buy a card that suits your purpose. Many motherboards
will automatically disable the onboard video when a graphics card is
detected.