how can I change the registered name

Hi,
I have loaded XP home onto a laptop but in the process I typed the wrong
name and now although the start up user is correct the 'Registered to: ' in
System Properties - General is the wrong name. How can I change that name.
Thanks
Lenny
3 answers Last reply
More about change registered name

    Navigate to;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    and edit the Reg_Sz strings:

    "RegisteredOrganization"
    "RegisteredOwner"

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "lenny" wrote:
    | Hi,
    | I have loaded XP home onto a laptop but in the process I typed the wrong
    | name and now although the start up user is correct the 'Registered to: '
    in
    | System Properties - General is the wrong name. How can I change that name.
    | Thanks
    | Lenny

    Go to Regedit and go the following key and change it there

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RegisteredOwner

    --
    Peter

    "lenny" <lenny109@takeout.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:PcadnfgWbuAlULPeRVnygA@pipex.net...
    > Hi,
    > I have loaded XP home onto a laptop but in the process I typed the wrong
    > name and now although the start up user is correct the 'Registered to: ' in
    > System Properties - General is the wrong name. How can I change that name.
    > Thanks
    > Lenny

    thanks

    Go to Regedit and go the following key and change it there

    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RegisteredOwner

    --
    Peter

    "lenny" <lenny109@takeout.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have loaded XP home onto a laptop but in the process I typed the wrong
    > name and now although the start up user is correct the 'Registered to: '
    > in
    > System Properties - General is the wrong name. How can I change that name.
    > Thanks
    > Lenny

Laptops Microsoft Windows XP