how can I change the registered name

Hi,
I have loaded XP home onto a laptop but in the process I typed the wrong
name and now although the start up user is correct the 'Registered to: ' in
System Properties - General is the wrong name. How can I change that name.
Thanks
Lenny

Navigate to;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
and edit the Reg_Sz strings:

"RegisteredOrganization"
"RegisteredOwner"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"lenny" wrote:
| Hi,
| I have loaded XP home onto a laptop but in the process I typed the wrong
| name and now although the start up user is correct the 'Registered to: '
in
| System Properties - General is the wrong name. How can I change that name.
| Thanks
| Lenny

Go to Regedit and go the following key and change it there

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RegisteredOwner

--
Peter

"lenny" <lenny109@takeout.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:pcadnfgWbuAlULPeRVnygA@pipex.net...
> Hi,
> I have loaded XP home onto a laptop but in the process I typed the wrong
> name and now although the start up user is correct the 'Registered to: ' in
> System Properties - General is the wrong name. How can I change that name.
> Thanks
> Lenny

thanks