Reentering Passwords

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello,

We have a Windows NT 4 network. All of the clients are Windows XP SP2.
Whenever a user changes his network password he must also reenter the
password for his e-mail account in Outlook (either Outlook XP or 2003).
This gets real annoying if you are monitoring several e-mail accounts. Why
does this happen? What is the relationship between the network password and
the Outlook password? Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I bugged that issue during the Office 2003 beta (also an NT4 domain
controller). Also if I changed the windows password back then the email
account passwords would all work again. No one was able to reproduce the
issue and it went away for me when the product went gold.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]