Sharing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

savan1221

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
I am a student and looking for a way to share my documents across various devices.

Asus android tablet
Android phone
Windows 7 laptop
Windows 8 desktop
Mac

I have heard of various software that do this like google docs,dropbox,safe sync from trend micro, skydrive and similar ones.

But my problem is that they dont update the documents, for ex: i update it on word form one pc, but it doesn't get update online so when i have to resync everything,
drag and drop would be nice and if it came with conforence calling it would be better.

I dont need anything "secure" from antivirus companies becasue its just school HW and documents.
What would be the best software for this?

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I use dropbox across all of my devices. It syncs it on the chosen directory so it's local, and it syncs onto the web server.

I use my Android Phone
A windows 7 desktop
and a windows 8 laptop.

It works perfectly fine across all them, and appears as a folder on my desktop that I can always access.
The copies are stored locally as well so I can access them without a connection, and they will update the web folders, then sync across all the other devices when a connection is available.

And it's free for your needs! 2GBb is provided for free, and there is quite a few easy ways to obtain extra space if you need more.
My HTC phone came with a promotion that got me a free 23GB of space, which I absolutely love, but I've only ever used ~50MB tops.

If you're on the go and can't install the Dropbox Application, you can also login via the website to download and upload files that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.