Sign in with
Your question

Disabled Administrator, can't re-enable

Last response: in Windows 7
December 1, 2012 4:26:48 PM

Hello,

Sorry to bother people with this question, I know it's been asked before, but all previous answers didn't seem to work.

The built in Administrator account is disabled, there is a user Admin account that was enabled with a password, and one Standard user account that is enabled.

While logged into the Standard account, I ran elevated command prompt meaning to run:

"net user Administrator \active:yes"

but instead I had a brain fart and ran:

"net user Admin \active:no"

Now all that is active is the Standard account, which requires Admin's password to perform just about anything. Running in Safe Mode didn't reveal the hidden Administrator account, allow me to run elevated command prompt again, or allow me to log into Admin to fix the problem.

I feel like I'm in pretty deep, is there anything I can do aside from a new OS install?
December 2, 2012 12:48:39 AM

Open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” (or use the Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box)

after this type in: net user administrator /active:yes
m
l
December 2, 2012 10:00:43 PM

That's the problem, I can't run command prompt in administrator mode. When I try it asks for the password of the Admin account which is currently disabled.
m
l
Related resources
December 2, 2012 10:30:46 PM

......0_0
m
l
December 2, 2012 11:17:05 PM

Yes that seems to be the general consensus for anyone who I've asked.
m
l
!