Not compatable

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsde

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I am being forced to buy a new motherboard memory displaycard, and proc. just to to Windows 7. Fine I will retire my AMD Athalon II +4800 and go for something a little bit better. Now I found that the majority of my software that is 1 to 4 years old according to the manufactuer Corel, and Intuit for example will have to repurchased to work on Windows 7. this is not a good thing. Why is this, and what if anything can I do about this. Thanks for any help.

Solution
The PC you sort of just listed off will run Windows 7. I run it on 5 Computers on is an 6 year old laptop that has a 1.6Ghz Penitum III M with a ATI 9600 w 64B card and 1.5 GB of RAM. Even XP ran better with 1GB over 512MB. It even boots faster then the XP did as well as hanldes mutlipe displays.

My point is its not being forced to buy new hardware for 7 its a choice, not a bad choice however.

All of the software that I have written for windows XP also runs fine in windows 7. Most of the problems with software that doesn't work on boht XP and 7 are because it attmepts to do things that it no longer has premission to do with out administrator rights. If the developers would have paid attention to best practices for software to...

linsde

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
They are not listed. Microsoft gets most of its data from the public and the manufacturer
As far as I can see MS did not test anything. Why did they build a OS that would slam the majority of users in this country or do I allready know?

Dogsnake

Distinguished
The average cost to upgrade from earlier windows to 7 on hardware that can run it, is estimated to be $700.00 (includes new os, software ,hardware, etc). You could view this as a redistribution of wealth from your pockets to .......

intelliclint

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
The PC you sort of just listed off will run Windows 7. I run it on 5 Computers on is an 6 year old laptop that has a 1.6Ghz Penitum III M with a ATI 9600 w 64B card and 1.5 GB of RAM. Even XP ran better with 1GB over 512MB. It even boots faster then the XP did as well as hanldes mutlipe displays.

My point is its not being forced to buy new hardware for 7 its a choice, not a bad choice however.

All of the software that I have written for windows XP also runs fine in windows 7. Most of the problems with software that doesn't work on boht XP and 7 are because it attmepts to do things that it no longer has premission to do with out administrator rights. If the developers would have paid attention to best practices for software to begin with they would have had less problems with vista and 7.

Solution

linsde

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

Thanks for your e-mail however ASUS says that due to the lack of drivers my mother board will not support Windows 7. I hope I can due this some haw thanks again.

linsde

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010

Your right on, but if your a hardware nut like me it could get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.