MrPanther0

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Ok , I use my computer as a place to stash things.. I open my case, put something in between my top cd rom drive and my cdrw( there is a cd drive's space between them), well now NO cd rw showing up in my computer.

It may not even have anything to do with the stashing, so how can i force detection of it?
The cdrw drive IS in the bios, it is jumpered correctly and everything, it even isnt a slave to anything, it just resides on my secondary ide channel.

This really sucks, I dont have any no-cd cracks cause i buy most of my games. If any of you have a no cd crack for homeworld2 then that would be awesome.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
So you have three Optical drives, but only 1 of them is Actually connected?

And this drive shows up in BIOS, but doesn't show in your OS.

This really sucks, I dont have any no-cd cracks cause i buy most of my games.
That's no reason to not have no-cd cracks. I buy all my games but I still always crack them just to avoid having to root around for the CDs. it helps prevent them getting scratched also.

Homeworld2? <A HREF="http://www.gamecopyworld.com/" target="_new">Try here</A>, go to 'PC Game Index' over on the right-hand side of the page, and it's under 'H' :)

---
Epox 8RDA+ rev1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @205x11 (~2.26Ghz), 1.575Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL 2-2-2-4
Sapphire 9800Pro 420/744

Mr_Nuke

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2004
So, your CD-RW is the Secondary IDE Master. Is the CD-Rom set to slave on the secondary channel?? I once had the same problem: the master Cd-RW drive would not show up, so I just set the ROM to master and RW to slave. Try doing the same.

MrPanther0

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Wow chipdeath thats a really good guess. Correct, only ONE of my drives are connected. Im really lazy about it, and my new computer components just came in this morning so i dont care about this computer much. Only thing is, i have TWO cd drives, and there is a cd drive's SPACE in between where i put stuff.

actually its weird, in bios it says secondary slave... and i think its an os thing, i didnt mess with any jumpers or ribbons when i opened the case

TY TY TY for hw2 crack :)

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
hmm. I know Win98 when booted in safe mode won't let you use the CDROMs (well, mine won't anyway :eek: ) so maybe it's got confused there somewhere.

if it's the only drive on that ribbon cable, then I would suggest setting it to be MASTER anyway. if it still doesn't work, then either try a different cable, or try that cable on one of the other drives and see if that works.

---
Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
Summer's here! so ease off the overclock...
XP1700+ @166x12 (~2Ghz), 1.475 Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL 2-2-2-4
Sapphire 9800Pro 400/730