USB pen drive

I installed an USB pendrive (ByteStor 32 MB) on my windows XP-PC. (Dell
8300)
It works great, but when I remove the pen drive, I get a blue screen with
"BAD_POOL_CALLER" and the mention "STOP: 0X000000C2".
I found no conflicting IRQ... The pendrive is plug and play (no drivers
needed), but it seems not to be pull and play...
Has anyone an idea?
Thanks in advance,
Jeff
2 answers Last reply
More about drive

    In article <nmYxc.23644$yh.21545@amsnews02.chello.com>,
    jozef.regal@chello.be says...
    > I installed an USB pendrive (ByteStor 32 MB) on my windows XP-PC. (Dell
    > 8300)
    > It works great, but when I remove the pen drive, I get a blue screen with
    > "BAD_POOL_CALLER" and the mention "STOP: 0X000000C2".
    > I found no conflicting IRQ... The pendrive is plug and play (no drivers
    > needed), but it seems not to be pull and play...
    > Has anyone an idea?
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jeff

    I have a Kingston 1GB pen drive and running XP Pro. I always use the
    Remove Hardware icon in the systray to disconnect the device before I
    take the drive out. According to the Kingston instructions, if you just
    pull it out, you could have data loss. A co-worker has a drive just
    like mine and he pulls it out all of the time and says that he has never
    had a problem. If you have XP Home Edition, this may not apply.

    Robin

    Robin Brumfield <rbrumfield@charter.net> wrote in

    > I have a Kingston 1GB pen drive and running XP Pro. I always use the
    > Remove Hardware icon in the systray to disconnect the device before I
    > take the drive out. According to the Kingston instructions, if you just
    > pull it out, you could have data loss. A co-worker has a drive just
    > like mine and he pulls it out all of the time and says that he has never
    > had a problem. If you have XP Home Edition, this may not apply.

    Just turn off caching for the drive - it can then be pulled with no risk of
    data loss - as long as the light does not show it being accessed at the
    time.

    That works fine for me on WinXP, but the setting won't stick for me on
    Win2000.

    --
    Tom McCune

Dell Pendrive USB Computers