Looking for info on detecting Windows restart

Hello -

I have not been able to find much information on how
to detect a Windows restart operation (as opposed to a
Windows shutdown or logoff request with WM_QUERYENDSESSION).

Does anybody know of a Windows message or other mechanism
that can be used by a Windows application to detect when
Windows XP wants to do a restart operation? Such a restart
condition can occur, for example, when the user selects the
Restart from the system shutdown dialog.

Thanks very much.

Robert Cohn
---- Tektronix, Inc.

"Any ideas, opinions, random thoughts or
professional objectives expressed here do not
reflect the ideas, opinions, random thoughts or
professional objectives of my employer."
More about looking info detecting windows restart

    From: "Bob" <robert.c.cohn@tek.com>

    | Hello -
    |
    | I have not been able to find much information on how
    | to detect a Windows restart operation (as opposed to a
    | Windows shutdown or logoff request with WM_QUERYENDSESSION).
    |
    | Does anybody know of a Windows message or other mechanism
    | that can be used by a Windows application to detect when
    | Windows XP wants to do a restart operation? Such a restart
    | condition can occur, for example, when the user selects the
    | Restart from the system shutdown dialog.
    |
    | Thanks very much.

    Robert:

    I suggest posting this in the following scripting News Groups.

    microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting
    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm