restarts, computer has recovered from serious error + trou..

My computer has been restarting often, especially while playing games with
video, but sometimes when nobody is at the computer. After restarting, I get
an error message that it has recovered from a serious error.

Also, sometimes when starting up, I have to push reset several times to get
the monitor to come on at all.

Any ideas?

Johnie Sanders
johniesanders@netscape.net
2 answers Last reply
More about restarts computer recovered error trou

    'Error Message: The System Has Recovered from a Serious Problem'
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316424

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFkX0VsbWVy?= wrote:

    > My computer has been restarting often, especially while playing games with
    > video, but sometimes when nobody is at the computer. After restarting, I get
    > an error message that it has recovered from a serious error.

    Often that's due to the last program you've installed.

    > Also, sometimes when starting up, I have to push reset several times to get
    > the monitor to come on at all.

    That is just a normal feature of your PC. Wait a bit before you hit the
    ON button again.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

Computers Microsoft Error Message Windows XP