Status
Not open for further replies.

Destruktor77

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
Greetings.

I'm looking to get a Surround Sound Headset/Phones for all use of life. I game both PC and Xbox, watch films/shows and listen to as well as edit music/audio tracks. (Old school thrash and techinical Death etc :sol: )

Hardware is not as issue, have an onboard Realtec HD sound card 7.1 with surround/optical connections bluetooth and all the mumbo.

So I'm looking for something with great surround for games, but still have epic audio quality for films and music. Wireless is a must. Comfort is obviouisly a must and they can't look like something from a clay explosion. Built in microphone as well.

I've read many reviews and noticed that Virtual Surround seems to kick True surround out the water and beyond and that having an AMP is better (better than the soundcard software?) but can't decide from reviews alone.

I need opinions of the masses!

Thanks.

Rory.

in general i've noticed that sound output from most of the common surround sound headsets is not even in the same league as a good pair of stereo studio headphones. honestly you do get what you pay for and in this case, more drivers for the same price equates to a loss in hardware quality.

just what i've noticed myself so take it for what its worth.

Destruktor77

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012

So what you're saying is... True surround headphones won't give out good quality for music because of the number of drivers for the mutliple speakers.

So Virtual Surround should be better? as I can turn it off through the sound card settings to use stereo.

But what about the others options, want peoples opinions of good wireless headsets as well with good voice quality.

I've seen Turtle Beach headsets, to my knowledge they use Virtual rather than true would this be a good option?

most music is stereo. at least on surround sound speakers only the front channels will play (unless of course you change the rear speakers to repeat the fronts). also you might get better quality components in a stereo set if it costs the same as a surround set. it all depends on the models.

virtual surround while far less than perfect would likely be an okay option if you listen to music more than half the time.

personally i prefer my studio headphones. if i need to use a mic, i have a desktop unit. not an all in one solution, but nothing is going to beat them for sound quality.

i dont use an "all in one headset" so i cannot really judge which are the best. i would say read some reviews and search this forum as i've seen other posts like this in the past. keep in mind that some people will rave about an inferior product (like the dr dre beats headphone fanatics) so you need to take advice with a grain of salt per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.