Strange display on SEGA Maverick

Hello,
Somenone ask me about a strange display he got on a Macerick machine (SEGA)
During game play he get all the time " SYSTEM VERSION 451/000 RELEASE
A4.00 "

the scoring disappears and that comes in place machine continue to play
normally ' from time to time score or animations appears briefly.

I fear that will be a setting somewhere but as i have no SEGA ( never had)
I'm not familiair with these machines , Anyone has an idea on this ? Leon

burn the latest cpu and display rom and then try it. I had one once that
said display version and graphic call #2 or something like that would flash
and some other stuff, game would play but display all messed up cause early
test version.

Trin
"leon" <leon.b1@pi.be> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Somenone ask me about a strange display he got on a Macerick machine
> (SEGA)
> During game play he get all the time " SYSTEM VERSION 451/000 RELEASE
> A4.00 "
>
> the scoring disappears and that comes in place machine continue to play
> normally ' from time to time score or animations appears briefly.
>
> I fear that will be a setting somewhere but as i have no SEGA ( never had)
> I'm not familiair with these machines , Anyone has an idea on this ? Leon

He needs to do the power supply update/fix for the large display that
should take care of the problem.
leon wrote:
> Hello,
> Somenone ask me about a strange display he got on a Macerick machine (SEGA)
> During game play he get all the time " SYSTEM VERSION 451/000 RELEASE
> A4.00 "
>
> the scoring disappears and that comes in place machine continue to play
> normally ' from time to time score or animations appears briefly.
>
> I fear that will be a setting somewhere but as i have no SEGA ( never had)
> I'm not familiair with these machines , Anyone has an idea on this ? Leon

I would look for a poor connection to
the display. I *think* that comes up
when the display "boots". I don't currently
have a big display game in the house to double
check. It may be losing power momentarily.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
------------------------------

leon wrote:
> Hello,
> Somenone ask me about a strange display he got on a Macerick machine (SEGA)
> During game play he get all the time " SYSTEM VERSION 451/000 RELEASE
> A4.00 "
>
> the scoring disappears and that comes in place machine continue to play
> normally ' from time to time score or animations appears briefly.
>
> I fear that will be a setting somewhere but as i have no SEGA ( never had)
> I'm not familiair with these machines , Anyone has an idea on this ? Leon

Typical of the big displays if they are not getting absolute 5 volts. Go
to sterns site and download the service bulletin for the big display
power wiring update and build a new harness. Without it the display will
intermittently reset itself. Keep in mind the big displays ran there own
dedicated cpu, independant of the game cpu so the game will keep playing
normally even when the display resets.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Leon,

I had the exact same problem on a Maverick that I owned. It is a power
issue. The display keeps rebooting. You can either make your own fix
using the technical service bulletin #106 that Stern has on their
website or you can buy the fix from Marco. I bought the fix and it
worked great.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K145215AB

- Dan

leon wrote:
> Hello,
> Somenone ask me about a strange display he got on a Macerick machine (SEGA)
> During game play he get all the time " SYSTEM VERSION 451/000 RELEASE
> A4.00 "
>
> the scoring disappears and that comes in place machine continue to play
> normally ' from time to time score or animations appears briefly.
>
> I fear that will be a setting somewhere but as i have no SEGA ( never had)
> I'm not familiair with these machines , Anyone has an idea on this ? Leon

Here is the technical bulletin link:

http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb106.pdf

- Dan

pinballtom264@gmail.com wrote:
> He needs to do the power supply update/fix for the large display that
> should take care of the problem.

Call Stern at 1-800-542-5377 and they will refer you to the correct
technical document on this fix. What you're seeing is the display
board constantly rebooting because of a voltage problem.

Kevin

Thank you guy's for the reply's. But i went to the Stern website but did
not find any service bulletins concerning Sega , any hints ? Leon

"Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
> Typical of the big displays if they are not getting absolute 5 volts. Go
> to sterns site and download the service bulletin for the big display
> power wiring update and build a new harness. Without it the display will
> intermittently reset itself. Keep in mind the big displays ran there own
> dedicated cpu, independant of the game cpu so the game will keep playing
> normally even when the display resets.
>
> leon wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Somenone ask me about a strange display he got on a Macerick machine
(SEGA)
> > During game play he get all the time " SYSTEM VERSION 451/000 RELEASE
> > A4.00 "
> >
> > the scoring disappears and that comes in place machine continue to play
> > normally ' from time to time score or animations appears briefly.
> >
> > I fear that will be a setting somewhere but as i have no SEGA ( never
had)
> > I'm not familiair with these machines , Anyone has an idea on this ?
Leon

> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> A passion for pinball!
> http://www.passionforpinball.com

Found it for you!
http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/sb106.pdf
-Jason Richard

> Thank you guy's for the reply's. But i went to the Stern website but did
> not find any service bulletins concerning Sega , any hints ? Leon
>
> "Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
> > Typical of the big displays if they are not getting absolute 5 volts. Go
> > to sterns site and download the service bulletin for the big display
> > power wiring update and build a new harness. Without it the display will
> > intermittently reset itself. Keep in mind the big displays ran there own
> > dedicated cpu, independant of the game cpu so the game will keep playing
> > normally even when the display resets.
> >
> > leon wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > Somenone ask me about a strange display he got on a Macerick machine
> (SEGA)
> > > During game play he get all the time " SYSTEM VERSION 451/000
RELEASE
> > > A4.00 "
> > >
> > > the scoring disappears and that comes in place machine continue to
play
> > > normally ' from time to time score or animations appears briefly.
> > >
> > > I fear that will be a setting somewhere but as i have no SEGA ( never
> had)
> > > I'm not familiair with these machines , Anyone has an idea on this ?
> Leon
> > >

> > --
> > Cliffy - CARGPB2
> > A passion for pinball!
> > http://www.passionforpinball.com

All this info including the stern service bulletin and other
fixes for the large DMD are available here:
http://marvin3m.com/de/index3.htm#largedmd

leon wrote:
> Hello,
> Somenone ask me about a strange display he got on a Macerick machine (SEGA)
> During game play he get all the time " SYSTEM VERSION 451/000 RELEASE
> A4.00 "
>
> the scoring disappears and that comes in place machine continue to play
> normally ' from time to time score or animations appears briefly.
>
> I fear that will be a setting somewhere but as i have no SEGA ( never had)
> I'm not familiair with these machines , Anyone has an idea on this ? Leon

Thanks for the info, But i did look at the website of Stern and found no
Service bulletins for Sega . Any hints ? Leon