replacement MPU for late 70's Bally

I need to replace the MPU on my Strikes N Spares (acid damaged) and am
looking towards an aftermarket MPU. Who does everyone think makes the best?
I'm looking towards reliability and ease of setting up.

unkn2232324

Altek.

raptor68_428 wrote:
> I need to replace the MPU on my Strikes N Spares (acid damaged) and am
> looking towards an aftermarket MPU. Who does everyone think makes the best?
> I'm looking towards reliability and ease of setting up.

The best is here:

http://www.pbliz.com/id23.htm

There are "others", though...

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
==============================

raptor68_428 wrote:
> I need to replace the MPU on my Strikes N Spares (acid damaged) and am
> looking towards an aftermarket MPU. Who does everyone think makes the best?
> I'm looking towards reliability and ease of setting up.

I like the Altek Systems ULTIMATE MPU. Marco Specialties sells it as
well as many other dealers.

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

I've bought 5 of the Allteks from Marco's & couldnt be happier !!

Once you buy just ONE, you will want them for every early SS Bally &
Stern you have, THREE years & no problems with mine !!

Pin-Del,

therepairconnection.com has a good replacement, cheaper than the others
too. but if you want to move from game to game you have to install new
roms

if you are in Canada, I have Altek boards available without any boarder
hasles for $240Cnd which includes shipping to any Canadian address.

Greg

"raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I need to replace the MPU on my Strikes N Spares (acid damaged) and am
> looking towards an aftermarket MPU. Who does everyone think makes the
> best?
> I'm looking towards reliability and ease of setting up.

Agreed. Pbliz makes some really well-engineered stuff.

"Del" <delmail333@gmail.com> wrote in news:1124467321.806546.41340
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> I've bought 5 of the Allteks from Marco's & couldnt be happier !!
>
> Once you buy just ONE, you will want them for every early SS Bally &
> Stern you have, THREE years & no problems with mine !!
>
> Pin-Del,

Looks very good and I can see it can be set for Free Play!!! No more
opening the door and loading credits...I like.

Latest posts