Password

Purchased a used Dell Latitude LM laptop. Will not boot off hard drive. But
the cmos (bios) is protected with an unknown password. So I can't change the
boot sequence too boot from the floppy. Any ideas how to get around that
password ?
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about password

    dell will supply you with a master password if you are the registered owner
    of the system. otherwise return the unit from the person that you purchased
    it from. of course you could pull the hard disk and the system would
    presumably boot from the floppy which is probably further down the boot
    priority, but that won't help you much. you could find another machine to
    connect the laptop drive to so that you can load an os on to the drive and
    then return the drive to this system to boot...

    "johnsmith" <someone@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Purchased a used Dell Latitude LM laptop. Will not boot off hard drive.
    But
    > the cmos (bios) is protected with an unknown password. So I can't change
    the
    > boot sequence too boot from the floppy. Any ideas how to get around that
    > password ?
    > Thanks

Dell Boot Computers