Sign in with
Your question

HP Drivers

Last response: in Windows 7
April 15, 2010 5:38:34 PM

Hello,I have a HP Pavilion dv9700 and cannot find a windows 7 driver on the HP site? I have installed windows 7 and everything works fine except for the sleep mode. Does anyone know how to solve this or if HP will eventually come out with the driver?

More about : drivers

a b $ Windows 7
April 15, 2010 6:08:14 PM

Can you find Windows Vista drivers for it? If you can't find Windows 7 drivers, always look for Vista because Windows 7 is really a newer version of Vista, just better.
m
l
April 15, 2010 6:26:32 PM

well i upgraded from vista, so wouldnt it already have the latest vista driver on it? I am not a computer expert but microsoft and HP tech support could not help me. Microsoft told me it is prob a video card driver issue and i need to find an windows 7 driver for it. I went to the manufacturer site for the video card and they also dont offer a windows 7 driver?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
April 15, 2010 6:28:13 PM

What exactly is this issue with the sleep mode? Is it that it won't go to sleep? Have you checked what your power settings are? Also, have you gone into the BIOS to ensure the sleep mode is activated?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 16, 2010 6:36:33 PM

macascfl said:
Hello,I have a HP Pavilion dv9700 and cannot find a windows 7 driver on the HP site? I have installed windows 7 and everything works fine except for the sleep mode. Does anyone know how to solve this or if HP will eventually come out with the driver?

If there are not Windows 7 drivers available, usually Vista drivers will do the trick. Make sure you have the up-do-date Vista drivers. Have you tried having Windows find the updated drivers? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Automatical....

As I don't know your issue with sleep mode, these FAQs on sleep may help you? - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Sleep-and-h....

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
April 16, 2010 7:24:57 PM

Hi, this is what the tech from Microsoft said:

Action: You tried to wake the computer from sleep.
Result: You were not able to do it.
Cause: Seems to be an issue with the device drivers.
Resolution: Please contact a local tech shop and get the drivers updated for the hardware devices and also get your Bios updated

They tried several times to update the drivers and checked all the sleep settings but to no avail and they gave up. So basically i have turned off the sleep mode for now until i can find a solution. If you know of any other solution, please let me know. Much Appreciated!!
m
l
!