Screen flashes when trying to access video files

September 19, 2005 4:05:05 PM

Hi there. Whenever I try to access (by highlighting or clicking on) video
files (mpeg, avi etc) in Windows explorer my computer screen flashes 5-6
times before the video file starts. It's annoying.. I've checked for viruses
or spyware but found nothing.. any ideas what the problem is ?

many thanks in advance
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 9:56:43 PM

best guess, a new video card driver might help.
it could just be the machine pausing while the file loads to cache.

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
"southpaw" <ntsotros@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi there. Whenever I try to access (by highlighting or clicking on) video
> files (mpeg, avi etc) in Windows explorer my computer screen flashes 5-6
> times before the video file starts. It's annoying.. I've checked for
> viruses
> or spyware but found nothing.. any ideas what the problem is ?
>
> many thanks in advance
September 20, 2005 6:34:31 AM

Depends. Run this edit in the meantime, no harm will be done.

AVI Search Remove (Line 74)

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.