Dell DJ Problems

I'm having problems transferring songs to my Dell DJ. I gave up on
musc match and tried the explorer software that dell offers for a free
download on their site. It works most of the time (i just drag and
drop mp3s via the windows explorer), but sometime abut after 5 song
transfers, it refuses to transfer any more songs because of a lost
connection with the player. I then have to unplug the dj or reboot it,
which is a pain! Any suggestions for me?

I saved a lot of money not buying an iPod, but I would have preferred
to spend a little more and save myself this hassle!

On 10 Jun 2004 12:10:24 -0700, woshea17@hotmail.com (Samuel Johnson) wrote:

>I'm having problems transferring songs to my Dell DJ. I gave up on
>musc match and tried the explorer software that dell offers for a free
>download on their site. It works most of the time (i just drag and
>drop mp3s via the windows explorer), but sometime abut after 5 song
>transfers, it refuses to transfer any more songs because of a lost
>connection with the player. I then have to unplug the dj or reboot it,
>which is a pain! Any suggestions for me?
>
>I saved a lot of money not buying an iPod, but I would have preferred
>to spend a little more and save myself this hassle!

If you just downloaded the Explorer software and didn't update your
firmware, that may be your problem. You might enjoy visiting the
Dell DJ Forum at:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=dce_djmusic

Jack Mac

I do have the latest firmware -- in fact, I have the version that is
only suggested for users with an FM tuner. Do you think this could be
the problem? Can I roll back my firmware upgrade?

On 11 Jun 2004 06:52:43 -0700, woshea17@hotmail.com (Samuel Johnson) wrote:

>I do have the latest firmware -- in fact, I have the version that is
>only suggested for users with an FM tuner. Do you think this could be
>the problem? Can I roll back my firmware upgrade?

Yes, you can roll back to the previous firmware upgrade.
Apparently you are not the only one having similar problems.

Jack Mac