WOW!! What an awesome deal on an AMD XP 2800+

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
Well don't know if you have a Fry's Computer Store in your area.

Last week they had an awesome combo deal on a AMD XP 2800+ RETAIL bundled with a cheapo ECS Elitegroup K7VTA3 V8 Motherboard.

All this for only $99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This processor alone is $130 at Fry's and $121 online at newegg.com.

So I ordered a new motherboard and memory to use with this, then I will take my old Athlon XP 1600+ and memory and try it in the cheapo motherboard for my wife.

They have a similar deal this weekend for an AMD XP 2500+ Retail bundled with a mother board. I think it's around $60 - $70, so STILL CHEAPER THAN THE PROCESSOR ALONE!!

I couldn't find the deal last week or this week online, looking at their current ad, but was there when I went into the store and look at their ad.

here is fry's online http://www.outpost.com/

I think newegg.com is cheaper than them for most things online, but instore sometimes you get a rockin' deal.

<i> If your computer is your best friend, maybe you should rethink your life.</i> :wink:

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
wow, that is a killer deal. I have never even heard of Fry's though. I don't see the deal on line either (just like you said). Must be a special store promo deal.

gobeavers

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2003
Fry's is western US electronics store. They have great specials, but other than the specials, I find the prices aren't that great. The specials more than make up for it though...

"This means that you can play over a network, just not with each other."-PC GAMER review

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
More awesome deals! They're everywhere! <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44935&item=3485259652&rd=1" target="_new"> better board even</A>

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Frys has been having some awesome deals.

One in particular is a 250GB WD 8MB cache drive for $129. I'm not so sure they'll honor it but we'll see. If you go to outpost.com they list the drive for $159.

Personally I hate frys and wouldn't recommend buying anything there but if you can cash in on one of their deals then by all means go ahead.

<font color=blue>________________________</font color=blue>
<font color=red>You are all going to go to Hell!

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
Quite honestly I don't like buying stuff at fry's alot. They use 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper for receipts and returns, a ton of them for starters. They probably kill a forest every day.

But some times they have KILLER deals, so that's when i buy from them.

<i> If your computer is your best friend, maybe you should rethink your life.</i> :wink:

dhlucke

Polypheme
I went to Frys and they didn't honor it. They claimed that it expired already. According to them they run 2 day ads.

It's the last time I go there. I've never had them honor anything, have anything I want in stock, or give me a hint of decent customer service.

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
When did you go? I think their ads run from Thursday - Tuesday, but not on Wednesday. Odd, but I think that's the case.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I went today. Of course. I cut the ad out 2 days ago.

I'm sick of the aggravation. I've never had success there. I'm sticking to newegg.

I've tried buying a hard drive, a 22" monitor, arctic silver, a video card, a controller card, an s-video cable, a cable splitter, and a temp monitor there.

Nothing has worked out. I'm done with the idiots that work there.

TRENDING THREADS