ASUS DRW-24B1ST burner Driver won't install

solidsnake89x

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Solution
That's a firmware for the drive, not actually a Windows drivre. No driver is needed: Windows will detect the drive automatically. Look under Computer and you should see the DVDRW; if you do there's no problem and no need to install any driver. All you'll need is software to play back DVDs or to burn DVDs if you choose.
That's a firmware for the drive, not actually a Windows drivre. No driver is needed: Windows will detect the drive automatically. Look under Computer and you should see the DVDRW; if you do there's no problem and no need to install any driver. All you'll need is software to play back DVDs or to burn DVDs if you choose.

Solution

solidsnake89x

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012

thanks a bunch. I'm a noob (obviously) and this crap gets confusing.

jb0nez

Honorable
May 31, 2012
I am having this same problem with this same DVD drive, confirmed in Device Manager. The firmware says it's for "ASUS DRW-24B1ST drive". It then says "Detected Drives: 0-2-0-0 D:ASUS DRW-24B1ST i 1.00"

I AM having problems trying to playback burned DVDs of my wedding, burned on my old computer and play fine on my laptop. That's why I wanted to try and update the firmware, which is apparently 1.0 and this software is supposed to install 1.03

jb0nez

Honorable
May 31, 2012
I suspect it's that letter - I have an Asus DRW-24BST *i* 1.00" which must be a later model than the one that has a firmware update and probably includes the updates. Still never fixed the problem with playing back burned DVDs though.

TRENDING THREADS