Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASUS DRW-24B1ST burner Driver won't install

Last response: in Windows 7
December 1, 2012 9:23:00 PM

I have a ASUS 24X DVD Burner SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM but when I try to install the drivers I downloaded from here http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=DR... it tells me "No match detected! This utility is only for ASUS DRW-24B1ST. 0-0-1-0 D:ASUS DRW-24B1ST c. 105 detected" Do I have to go in and change it's name or something and if so how? I made sure I have right version of Windows 7 64-bit

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b $ Windows 7
December 1, 2012 9:29:29 PM

That's a firmware for the drive, not actually a Windows drivre. No driver is needed: Windows will detect the drive automatically. Look under Computer and you should see the DVDRW; if you do there's no problem and no need to install any driver. All you'll need is software to play back DVDs or to burn DVDs if you choose.
December 1, 2012 10:08:11 PM

SchizTech said:
That's a firmware for the drive, not actually a Windows drivre. No driver is needed: Windows will detect the drive automatically. Look under Computer and you should see the DVDRW; if you do there's no problem and no need to install any driver. All you'll need is software to play back DVDs or to burn DVDs if you choose.

thanks a bunch. I'm a noob (obviously) and this crap gets confusing.
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2012 10:08:58 PM

Best answer selected by solidsnake89x.
m
l
December 29, 2013 4:21:09 PM

I am having this same problem with this same DVD drive, confirmed in Device Manager. The firmware says it's for "ASUS DRW-24B1ST drive". It then says "Detected Drives: 0-2-0-0 D:ASUS DRW-24B1ST i 1.00"

I AM having problems trying to playback burned DVDs of my wedding, burned on my old computer and play fine on my laptop. That's why I wanted to try and update the firmware, which is apparently 1.0 and this software is supposed to install 1.03
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b $ Windows 7
December 29, 2013 4:47:59 PM

I've never had to mess with the firmware of a dvd-rom. They do wear down but they're so inexpensive (about $20 for a similar model to that) and easy to replace that I'd find it more practical just to replace the thing)
m
l
January 4, 2014 5:39:31 PM

I suspect it's that letter - I have an Asus DRW-24BST *i* 1.00" which must be a later model than the one that has a firmware update and probably includes the updates. Still never fixed the problem with playing back burned DVDs though.
m
l
!