• Nah

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Wait until seller gives more information

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Found a 2709W on a site I could pick up for really cheap, 160USD cheap.
Have read threads bout it and its lag input affecting performance and such and how it is apparently fixed to an extent in a A01 revision. I have asked the seller what revision it is and am waiting for a reply.
I game and general web browsing more than anything, so not a lot of design work in photoshop going on so this is why im asking about the input lag.

Does anyone here have one and can comment on the input lag or any other problems with the monitor, at this low price seems a little too good to be true...

Thanks
P1n3apqlExpr3ss

$160 is really cheap. If possible I would check it out in person.

If not, then ask the seller if he can provide you with some pictures of it in operation. At least one picture should be with the monitor displaying a black picture (meaning not just the desktop with with a black background) in a darkroom to check for backlight bleeding.

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
The seller is in my area but I'd probably have to win the auction before I get to see it in person.

Will ask if he can show pictures of it in operation and black screen

edit: Seller replied saying its a A02 revision and comes with power cable only

ElCheapo

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Hmmm, I would opt for a monitor with a higher response for gaming... Also, apparently it has quite a port lag. You would be better invest in a smaller more gaming orientated screen. One with a high response time and minimal port lag. If you want something larger, like 27" try for a higher resolution. The large ones tend to look fuzzy up close, but if they are higher res, they aren't as fuzzy or it isn't noticeable.

I have seen cases where that specific series of monitors has flicker bugs, even the third A02 revision. I guess this is more suited to someone who does High resolution photo editing, or video editing and not gaming.

Maybe this is why it's selling quite cheaply?

ElCheapo

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
I'm not too sure about specific monitors. The higher the resolution the better, and a response time of 4ms or less is perfect for really smooth gaming. 1920x1200 is great for a 24" or less monitor. If your getting anything 26" or larger, a higher resolution than 1920x1080/1920x1200 is better, unless you sit quite far away from you monitor. I think most Dell monitors are directed at graphics users, this one is definitely more for a graphics user than a gamer.

If you can get it that cheap, maybe buying and on selling/using for movies could be an option?

TRENDING THREADS