Sign in with
Your question

Transfer pics from the PIC folder to other folders

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
November 29, 2012 1:42:44 AM

I guess this is worth trying once more ...... I'm trying to figure out how to transfer my pic files from 1 folder to another ..... the only options I have when I click on a pic is SEND: to desktop or compressed file .... I know how to send a pic via email or share it on FB, but for the life of me I can figure out how to make THEME folders ..... does this make any sense to anyone ... I can copy and paste .... I've got Windows 7 .... have to laugh it says I am 972 years old, one would think with that lifelong experience I could figure this out .....
December 1, 2012 11:16:34 PM

To transfer files you only need to drag and drop them. Have both folders open at once and drag the pictures from one to the other.
December 1, 2012 11:17:33 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Windows 7 by Proximon
Related resources
December 1, 2012 11:48:07 PM

It depends on what you want to do -- if you drag the pics from one folder to another, then you will be moving the file.

On the other hand if you copy, then past it to another folder, then you will have the same pic in both folders.
a b $ Windows 7
December 2, 2012 12:01:30 AM

Quote:
if you drag the pics from one folder to another, then you will be moving the file.

Only true if the source and destination both reside on the same volume. A drag/drop across volume boundaries is always a copy.
!