Troubleshooting advice on patchwork build *DELETED*

Cybercraig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Why would you buy the motherboard without reading the manual first? Now you wonder about the options? Here's what to do: Take out the CD-rom drive and put a stick of dynamite in that case. Light the fuse, sit on the case and count to 100! You will be making a lot of folks happy and solving all your problems at the same time!

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. Now, let's eat!

Zeekfu

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
I bought the mobo to put the old chip and memory in, bro, because it was dirt cheap. At that point I had no intention of doing anything with it but using it as a back-up. Now since apparently nothing works but the mobo I either basically write the mobo off, or put some really, really cheap components in it..or..make that the new build I have been planning on.

And although your comment has no bearing whatsoever on any f*ing thing, are you saying you read the entire manual for a motherboard before you buy it? I have only put two systems together myself. I used the manuals to get the information I wanted out of them but...can't say I read any of them cover to cover at any point. Not the most entertaining casual read in my book.

That other stuff...now that's just cold blooded, dude